E3'08 - Nintendo News

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

07 July 2008
Arrow E3'08 - Nintendo News

post pics, links, and discuss all your Nintendo E3'08 topics here...

07 July 2008

Nintendo's just announced Wii MotionPlus, an accessory for the Wii Remote. The add-on attaches to the bottom of the Wii-mote and more accurately traces motions in 3-D space by better orienting the controller. Hit the jump for the full press release details.

We expect Nintendo to divulge more at its E3 press conference tomorrow.

NINTENDO INTRODUCES THE WII™ MOTIONPLUS
July 14, 2008
Nintendo's upcoming Wii™ MotionPlus accessory for the revolutionary Wii Remote™ controller again redefines game control, by more quickly and accurately reflecting motions in a 3-D space. The Wii MotionPlus accessory attaches to the end of the Wii Remote and, combined with the accelerometer and the sensor bar, allows for more comprehensive tracking of a player's arm position and orientation, providing players with an unmatched level of precision and immersion. Every slight movement players make with their wrist or arm is rendered identically in real time on the screen, providing a true 1:1 response in their game play. The Wii MotionPlus accessory reconfirms Nintendo's commitment to making games intuitive and accessible for everyone. Nintendo will reveal more details about the Wii MotionPlus accessory and other topics Tuesday morning at its E3 media briefing.

Read More:

kotaku.com

07 July 2008
anybody excited about this... I'd almost rather see a new control that has it built in.

This means buying a new case
an add on that will probably cost the same as a new control
and from the looks of it a new nunchuck.

07 July 2008
Fatal Frame Wii

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/887/887635p1.html

US,
July 9, 2008 - Details are slowly starting to emerge on Zero: Tsukihami no Kamen, the Japanese version of the Wii entry in the Fatal Frame series. And thank goodness for that! A Japanese release is set for July 31, so it's about time for an update!

Previous updates have revealed a storyline that leads Misaki and Madoka, two of five girls who were involved in an abduction in their youth, to Rougetsu Island, the scene of the incident. Ruka Minazuki, one of the main characters, follows.

Famitsu has a few new details on some of the characters in this week's issue. Ruka has lost her memory of all things prior to the abduction, but she will be gaining it back as she explores the island. It also appears that she's learning the piano.

Also revealed is the identity of the detective who saved those five girls from their kidnapping. His name is Choushiro Kirishima. His original discovery of the five girls came about as his chase of a suspect lead him to the island. He's heading back to the island again, this time in pursuit of Ruka after his services were requested of her mother.

You'll be switching off between multiple main characters, including Ruka and Choushiro, as you play through this latest Fatal Frame title. Your overall goal for the game is to solve the mysteries of Rougetsu Island, making use of a special camera that can seal away ghosts.

In addition to the character details, Famitsu got an update on the game's menu system. Go into the main menu during play, and you'll have access to a map, a handy file function for saving your data, and items, allowing you to replenish your health when the ghosts fight back. You can also make adjustments to your camera, selecting from a variety of film and lens types.

Despite all the new details, Fatal Frame's first Wii installment is still a somewhat mysterious affair. But that may be one of the points! Expect more to emerge on the game possibly at E3 and definitely once the Japanese version arrives on July 31.

Last edited by ParamountCell : 07 July 2008 at 07:16 AM.

07 July 2008
E3 2008: DS Accelerometer / New DS Forthcoming?
Buh?
by Matt Casamassina
US, July 14, 2008 - It's E3 time and the rumors are spreading like wildfire. Sources tell IGN that development studio Activision is preparing to release a new peripheral designed to give Nintendo DS motion/tilt functionality. The small add-on will take a cue from Guitar Hero: On Tour and plug into the Game Boy Advance slot on the DS. One of the first games to make use of this new peripheral will be the next version of Tony Hawk.

Insiders also assert that Nintendo itself may alternatively be planning to release new DS cartridges with built in accelerometers, a possibility that could eventually negate the importance of Activision's peripheral.

In semi-related news, IGN has separately heard from trusted insiders that Nintendo could be planning to debut a slimmed down version of its handheld complemented by a dramatically reduced (sub-$100) price tag. Whether or not this made-over DS will include built-in accelerometer functionality is not known. There is a chance that the Big N will show off the updated DS at E3 2008 this week.

A redesigned DS might ship sans a GBA slot, which could explain why Nintendo might be separately developing accelerometer-based cartridges despite Activision's own efforts.

As always, until IGN can validate the information through multiple sources, readers should consider the hearsay posted in this article as rumor. We will update with new details as they become available.

================================================== ====

I hear rumours that Kid icarus wont be shown:(

07 July 2008
Any info on some kind of memory storage solution for the Wii, for the people who have a bunch of virtual console games and are planning to download wii ware ones but dont have enough room? (and dont want to erase games to download others).

I think that the release of something like that its way overdelayed.

My Youtube Channel

3d Gallery: "Mega Man X"

07 July 2008
The Nintendo Press Conference starts in under half an hour, I am at work so I wont be able to catch the first half and I wont be able to catch the second half of Sony,s. http://kotaku.com/5025295/nintendo-...erence-liveblog are live blogging. I think gametrailers g4 and www.gonintendo.com have live streams. When I get back online let me know what I missed.

PS Post your video stream here.

07 July 2008
thanks for posting the live blog!

07 July 2008
live videos...

http://livewire.ign.com/2008/e3/index.html [watching now, good quality]

http://e3.g4tv.com/e32008/press_con...onference_key=3

07 July 2008
watching the conference...

Wii
-Animal Crossing on the Wii 2008 - day and night, seasons, and of course being able to share and communicate with others online. you can send messages to people's cel phones and pcs. also, WiiSpeak, a microphone to allow people to talk [it's not a headset, it's a microphone for the entire room].
-Raving Rabbits TV Party - uses the balance board too
-Star Clone Wars
-Call of Duty World at War
-Wii MotionPlus
-makes the Wiimote more accurate.
-WiiSports Resorts [comes with a Wii MotionPlus] jetski, sword playing, frisbee

-WiiMusic - playing as a band, Shigeru Miyamoto and some other guys jam together [drums, saxophone, and 48 more!] no wrong notes, you play how you want, the game makes it sound good.

• separate drum mode that uses the balance board for the kicks and comes with tutorials so you can learn to drum.
  • orchestra mode - conduct msuic [from E3 two years ago]
  • record and share music
  • onstage, 5 people jam out playing a Mario theme song... works good, the game makes them sound some what in sync. families will eat this up since it can make a 5 year old sound good.

DS
-Grand Theft Auto : Chinatown Wars
on the DS?...wow!
-use your DS to get info at airports [like where an ATM is in the airport, food. this stuff is being tested out.
-use your DS at baseball fields to see scores, instant replays, and more [currently being used at Safeco Field in Seattle]
-cook book app coming to America

Last edited by heavyness : 07 July 2008 at 05:10 PM.

07 July 2008
After seeing that Wii-music stuff, I don't know if I should laugh or cry

The stone had skidded arc'd and bloomed into islands
Kamau Brathwaite

07 July 2008
I really enjoyed Nintendo's conference. I was all smiles the whole time. Especially with their Wii Music demo finale. Their new games look so fun. Wii Sports Resort looks cool and I can't wait to start sword dueling my friends haha. Good job Nintendo. =]

07 July 2008
This was the worst e3 conference in the history of e3.

07 July 2008
I tuned in late, only to find them dancing around on stage to the Mario theme. Was the entire thing as bad as the last 5minutes?

Thread Closed share thread