look my new work

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2002   #1
look my new work

Originally was render in 4096x2458 for poster

this is one of the test render of girl

Anybody like cyber-fantasy?

Last edited by Valeriuos : 04 April 2002 at 12:05 AM.

Old 04 April 2002   #2
i see you changed the pic posted
noughty!
this is very impressive!
beautefull!

Last edited by pg| : 04 April 2002 at 06:24 AM.

Old 04 April 2002   #3
Here http://webcenter.ru/~plaksin/ several pictures of this project

Old 04 April 2002   #4
Thumbs down

Great stuff!!

Old 04 April 2002   #5
Looks great, like something out of the Final Fantasy series. However something about the composition bothers me, it appears as though the bridge is coming out of the knights pelvis.

Old 04 April 2002   #6
Critique

The foreground and background are blending together. There isn't much depth to seperate the two. Try adding a little fog in the background for some distance. Desaturate a lot of the color in the background and maybe darken it a little to really draw your focus to the characters in the foreground.

Old 04 April 2002   #7
I N C R E D I B L E !

That first image is just amazing.
add some DOF

Home | Portfolio | My Book | Photography | About

Last edited by sigma : 04 April 2002 at 02:00 AM.

Old 04 April 2002   #8
you're work is indeed very good bud, one thing I see is the blending of certain elements because of the colors in the first image and the lighting in the foreground is a tad strange, seems to look so on my screen at least... the composition is a bit wierd too as I can't make out at first glance what the guard is, I had to take a look see on your site to see him in his glory

As for the girl, very very good job, but the eyebrows are a bit low res for such ad extreme closeup (this is nitpicking of course ) also I think she can do with more defined pours in the skin, they're a bit subtle, makes her look like she's airbrushed or wearing tons of makeup, either way this might be a personal choice also the hair, pleeeeeeeeeease to something with that, it just isn't as lush as the model.....

incredible work, you should post your other renders oh and btw what tips can you share on the texturing?

cheers

Old 04 April 2002   #9
Re: Critique

Quote: Originally posted by AriTibbs
The foreground and background are blending together. There isn't much depth to seperate the two. Try adding a little fog in the background for some distance. Desaturate a lot of the color in the background and maybe darken it a little to really draw your focus to the characters in the foreground.

I completely agree with you. Some fog and blur adds a realism to picture. I so has done in first time.
But picture was done for the very big print and small details of back plan is very important, so I am stopped on this variant.

Old 04 April 2002   #10
The key to controlling what the audience sees is not to let them see what you don't want them to. Simply stated, when/if you desaturate or darken the background...keep some highlights (subtle at strongest) on the elements you want to focus on. If you're still stumped try to find a way to change the perspective of the piece so you can use a DOF to accentuate your background details and not lose the foreground.

Old 04 April 2002   #11
WOW!!
LOVE the texures! Very nice! Nice concepts!
One thing though.
The guard in front. He (?) shuld hold his sword a bit down the grip, not at the top as it is now because... don´t know... but it looks like its position is off or something. And his other hand loks like it needs to be doing something. Holding a peice of equipment or grip the sword or... something.... POINTING, he culd be pointing at something...
Other than that... nothing. Exelent!

Old 04 April 2002   #12
Buh!

Drrrrrrrrrrrrrrooooooooooooooooooooooooooooollllll lllllllllllllllllllllllll...
Wow man that is freakin amazing work! Show me more god please show me more!!!
Red Dye #5 is not an essential nutrient....

Old 04 April 2002   #13
Wow, apart from a few minor things here and there which have already been mentioned, this is a really great piece of work.
It's not very often these days that one actually comes across 3D renders that can be described as a piece of art, but I think that this is exactly what this is. It's really inspired

They look like they could be characters from the Soul Blade games

Excellent work so far

Old 04 April 2002   #14
COMPRESS YOUR FILES

There are no "magic" programs that make you a better artist

Old 04 April 2002   #15
Very great work and themes, its great to see great art. No critique from me What software are you using?

Dovolen videt svoih ludei Klasno mne ochen nravitsia!

share thread