sydney animation school

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 05 May 2008   #1
sydney animation school

Hi everyone,
I can really use some advises here. I got a degree in computer science from Uni and struggling my days in another Uni for a MA in film. But I've never thought that this Uni teach zero 3D animation--they teach film and theory, but nothing CG at all, like I dont see maya running on any machine.
my bad-I was too desperate to get out of computer science and forgot to do enough research. But now I think I can't waste time any more and just too tired to fight alone without going to school.
I'm looking for a decent school in Sydney. Does any school here provide a solid 1 year program just focus on actually doing things? I know how to use softwares already like maya and XSI and photoshop and Zbrush, not very good at them though, but I think I can safely skip all the entry level lessons about what menu does what. I just need 1 more year to sharpen my art sense and approach tutors to rid of many technical hinders that are hard to overcome otherwise for me.
Any information about these kind of schools and programs would so helpful and appreciated.

Old 05 May 2008   #2
Maybe you watched this before, but if not, check this out

http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...&threadid=61327

Old 05 May 2008   #3
Thumbs up

no I didn't see that post
althogh its a bit old I actually got the important information I wanted.
Thank you !
and sorry for having not dug further enought...

Old 05 May 2008   #4
I run the 3d dept at a little college called the Academy of Information Technology, we run an advanced diploma in game dev with a large 3d component over 2 semesters... It may be what you're after, PW me if you want any further info

Good luck

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 05 May 2008   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread