AMD Q or Intel Q

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #1
Exclamation AMD Q or Intel Q

Hello all

just wondering in any would have any advise as to getting an Intel over an AMD, the prices of the AMD are droping soo much that the difference between a Intel Q6600 & a Phenom 9850 is only $38 Aus dollars....

any thoughts or advice.

PS

it is for a new Architectural illustration Machine.

Thanks

Christian

Old 04 April 2008   #2
AMD makes great chips. As long as you're not looking for the absolute fastest thing out there, now is a great time to find bargains on AMD processors.

Last edited by BOXXLABS : 05 May 2008 at 06:38 PM.

Old 05 May 2008   #3
whats the software youll be running ..

ive been reading alot where if you are doing 3d apps that the AMD might crash on you. it just doesnt have the number crunching capabilities... but if you are doing alot of freehand with Painter and illustrator that the AMD will do the job great.

Old 05 May 2008   #4
I would have to disagree.

In my experience, AMD is every bit as stable for all 2D & 3D software applications as is intel.

Old 05 May 2008   #5
Originally Posted by BOXXLABS: I would have to disagree.

In my experience, AMD is every bit as stable for all 2D & 3D software applications as is intel.

your Experiance does trump my reading ... and i could be wrong ... though i do have a friend who works at a Industrial design firm and ive been told that the amd systems there seem to crash alot with one of thier programs .. but i think the program is called Rino... cant quite remember for sure .. i was drunk when i was having the conversation with him .... come to think of it .. being drunk and then having a conversation about CPUs ..... wow we need to slow down .

Old 05 May 2008   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread