codecs and cinema4d 64bit..

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #1
codecs and cinema4d 64bit..

Hi guys,

I'm having an issue getting codecs to appear in cinema's render settings dialog for AVI files, whereas when i used cinema on 32bit all the codecs have shown, now I only have the defaults - Intel IYUV, Microsoft RLE and Microsoft Video 1 - Archaic no?

Is 64bit incompatible with the recent wmplayer avi codecs?

thanks

brasc.

Last edited by brasco : 04 April 2008 at 01:23 PM.

Old 04 April 2008   #2
Originally Posted by brasco: Is 64bit incompatible with the recent wmplayer avi codecs?

Technicaly it's the other way around, but essentialy yes.

Only codecs that are available as 64 bit versions can be used with CINEMA 4D 64 bit. Thats also the reason why QT does not work in this situation.

Cheers
Björn

Old 04 April 2008   #3
Thanks Björn,

I had a feeling that may be the case. I'll work something out - tga sequence seems best route for now..

thanks again

brasc.

Old 04 April 2008   #4
Originally Posted by Srek: Only codecs that are available as 64 bit versions can be used with CINEMA 4D 64 bit. Thats also the reason why QT does not work in this situation.

Do you think there will be a version we can use anytime soon? I know that's not in your control, but maybe you've been told something by Apple?

I use TIFF seq. for output, but QT is best for testing as it saves time not having to use another program to assemble animation, and will show progress up to the point you cancel rendering...and allows smooth scrubbing.

Last edited by Ernest Burden : 04 April 2008 at 01:47 PM.

Old 04 April 2008   #5
Originally Posted by Ernest Burden: Do you think there will be a version we can use anytime soon? I know that's not in your control, but maybe you've been told something by Apple?

No and no. I have no information from Apple and imo we won't see it any time soon.

Cheers
Björn

Old 04 April 2008   #6
Back again

Does anyone know of a decent video creator (preferably for free ) that can compile a tga/image sequence into an AVI/mov file using the frames rendered from cinema.

cheers

brasc.

Old 04 April 2008   #7
Originally Posted by brasco: Back again

Does anyone know of a decent video creator (preferably for free ) that can compile a tga/image sequence into an AVI/mov file using the frames rendered from cinema.

cheers

brasc.

Yes.
Just use VirtualDub and you'll be set !
There is even a 64bits build...

Cheers,
Laurent aka Tartiflette

Old 04 April 2008   #8
Thank you very much Laurent

Old 04 April 2008   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread