First low-poly char model, textured

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2008   #1
First low-poly char model, textured

Hi everyone, I'm new here and would like to get feedback on something I've been working on. This is my first character model, done low-poly. I unwrapped and texture painted it as well. Basically I'd like to know what went well and what could be worked on, both for the modeling and the texture. I've heard from friends that the face seems a bit pale, so I'll probably add more to that. I'll probably add additional images, like turn-arounds and such later today, as this is the only image I have right now. Thank you for viewing!

Old 04 April 2008   #2
looks nice to me, but the texture is way too symmetrical imo and you used up alot of UV space. for example; the face is exactly the same on the left as it is on the right, and yet you unwrapped his whole face in the map. if you want him to look symmetrical (which i think would be okay considering how low poly he is) i would mirror the right or left side of his face in the UV and put it over the other side so you use half the amount of uv space and get the same exact effect youre getting right now. that way you could cut the size of the texture down a bunch. what is this for? just fun? pretty good so far

Old 04 April 2008   #3
Thanks for the tips, yoyo! I did this for a 3D class, but would like to learn more on the subject, so I will be working more on this on my own time. I didn't follow much on tutorials, and didn't really have a lot of knowledge on the subject of modeling characters and so forth. I pretty much worked with information and tips my friends had given me, but I understand what you mean, and I will take that into account on projects I have in the future Thank you again for the critique!

Old 05 May 2008   #4
good job Alex, I enjoyed it mate~

Old 05 May 2008   #5
Good job mate.

Old 05 May 2008   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread