Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Raul Ovejero

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Uplift Universe - Image Entry: Raul Ovejero

Raul Ovejero is entered in the "Uplift Universe Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Final Image: Encounter

04 April 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: encounter

Hello all:
I've no clue what to do for this next challenge, but I'll try to come up with something interesting though... fingers crossed!
In the mean time, my ideas go round some kind of "encounter of the 3rd kind". In this little sketch I play with the idea that we humans wouldn't look like some intelligent species for an alien visitor...we're some times too focus on absolute nothing to seem so.

Good luck everyone!

04 April 2008
Concept / pre-visualization: encounter

Hi again:
I've ditched the cartoony look and focus instead on something a bit more realistic. I'm going for something inspired by Stanislaw Lem's "Solaris", where it's not clear who's contacting who. To spice it up, humans have already a alien race in their side.
Let me know what you think... and thanks for dropping by!

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: encounter

WIP for the background. I like the reflective surface of the solaris-like alien form, but I'm not sure about the colours, don't know yet if the reflection should be somehow different in hues, or have some artifacts...

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: encounter

further progress in both background and characters... Again, my inspiration is Solaris and the alien-ness of aliens, here represented in the spherical intriguing presence that humans and already known aliens check out.
I'm beginning to feel funny about the colours of space suits and the composition itself, but I'll work it as I go.
Cheers.

04 April 2008
nice work so far man. remembers me a cactus i eat by mistake once
maybe the planet behind confuse a bit the feet of her ..to be picky

Keep it up!

04 April 2008
Thumbs up

Hi,
Nice coloring and idea, unique concept
Good luck

Uplift Universe Entry

04 April 2008
Great entry and composition! Looking forward to it!

04 April 2008
I absolutely love it man! Muy bueno, si señor, me encanta. You have to reinforce the focus of the composition, the point where the fingers almost touch. Otherwise I think you have s very strong entry. I'll keep my eyes nailed to your thread.

04 April 2008
Hey Raul, really great concept my friend, I like a lot! The enviroment for your image is really great, a strong image for sure. The colours in this stage look working well . Perhaps a bit more spherical form on the reflection figures, but is a minor detail That is looking awesome! Again, great work and for sure following this thread Cheers my friend!! ( yes, time for some tequila and beers for inspiration ) (Me gusta mucho tu concepto, tiene mucha fuerza y transmite mucho, vamos Raul!! a terminar y a festejar con unas buenas cañas bien frías )

04 April 2008
Work In Progress: Encounter

I'm pretty much done with the background but still some work ahead to properly cut out shapes and add to the floaty feeling. And rework the mirrored image too...

04 April 2008
Hey Raul I don't see your thread before the idea of the reflection is wonderful and your colors too it's gonna be a beautiful piece .

Ze Blog

Steampunk
Uplift Universe
Strange Behavior

04 April 2008
...and a big thank you! to all you folks to pop by and leave your feedback:
-Chilombiano: gracias! Not sure if I get the cactus simil but cheers for opening up the thread.
-Jopu & Pegahoul: Thanks mate... good luck to you too
-Ramón: I've brighten up the touch point just as you suggested and it's definetely working better. Still have to tweak it to add to the garishing effect, but so far so good. Muchas gracias! Superb entry yours, too...Cheers!
-Ferx: Last but not least... so many thanks for your kind words, mate...As you can read above I have to work on the reflection and will take your advice on this for sure. Rivers of tequila will follow the closure of this challenge granted! A tu salud, compadre!!

Last edited by harachte : 04 April 2008 at 09:02 AM.

04 April 2008
and almost in real time :
Eric: Thanks a lot for your feedback, mate! Amazing craftmanship yours in your aliens' designs. Will follow the thread for sure and join the chorus of jaw dropping fellows... thanks for watching!

04 April 2008
Pretty sweet. Watch out for girls right foot, seems a bit off.
Take care,
Khan

Thread Closed share thread