Vray light reflection

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2008
Vray light reflection

I have an interior scene with vray plane lights,on the interior of the room.
The problem is that the actual light[object] is being reflected in the windows as a white square.I have the lights set to invisible,but they still reflect.
Is there a setting somewhere to make the actual light objext invisible to reflection?
thanks

04 April 2008
- Maybe you missed some double sided polys in the window?
- Do you use a V-Ray Sun aswell? This might cause a buring light on the outside of your room thats being reflected, actually.

Last edited by pixel9 : 04 April 2008 at 07:24 AM.

04 April 2008
There should be a visible to reflection check box in the light properties. What version are you using ?

Regards,
Mike

04 April 2008
hi

using version 1.5
I know objects can be made invisible to reflection but I didn`t see such a setting for an actual light.
Mabey vray dosen`t consider a light an actual object but more a source?
I should point out ...it dosen`t reflect as a glowing white blotch..but more as a ghost image of a light.
I`ll look into the double sided issue as well
yes..using vray sun as well

thanks

04 April 2008
Can you provide a sample scene or some images? It'll be easier then to locate the error.

04 April 2008
yes...I`ll provide a sample pic after work today thanks

04 April 2008
As stated in the help file...

Quote: Affect diffuse - this determines whether the light is affecting the diffuse properties of the materials.

Affect specular - this determines whether the light is affecting the specular of the materials.

Affect reflections - this determines whether the light will appear in reflections of materials.

Have you tried to uncheck the 'Affect Specular' option? I used a lot this option and it works OK... And since reflections and specular are kind of connected, better uncheck both of them to get the result you want.

04 April 2008
if you are using the lastest version of vray, now the vray lights have a check box for visible in reflections. Before was just affect difuse and affect specular.
So if the vray light is just for enviroment, disable specular and reflections and you will fix it.

i do this almost in all scenes.

cheers

04 April 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread