Change default viewport navigation?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
Change default viewport navigation?

Hi there,

Thinking of getting Modo, but I have noticed that the viewport navigation sems unusually complicated... Are you able to change the default settings? Ie change the rotate command to say, just holding down the MMB and moving the mouse? Or zoom to the scroll wheel?

Many thanks,

Henrik

03 March 2008
You can zoom with MMB by default.Everthing can be remapped to keys of your choice or you can choose other 3D app Nav(Max,Maya,Xsi,etc)if you wish.

i'm a native Max user but i love the Modo Nav system,it's very easy to get up to speed.

03 March 2008
Thanks! Glad to hear it. For some reason none of the reviews I read mentioned it...

03 March 2008
actually modo's navigation is actually suprisingly simple. i deffinetly reccomend using it.

03 March 2008
Originally Posted by csprance: actually modo's navigation is actually suprisingly simple. i deffinetly reccomend using it.

Agreed,i'm even finding myself prefering Modo's Nav above Max's and i've been a Max user for 5 years and Modo user for 2 weeks!!

03 March 2008
I ended up downloading the trial version and set the navigation to Maya. However, I can't find where I assign my own keys to navigation... What I really would like is to use the same commands as in Sketchup, which to me is the easiest I have come across. Any info on where I assign my own keycommands?

Thanks!

By the way, where are all the Modo users? On a different forum? Not that many here...

03 March 2008
System | Input Editor

or press F2.

I should point out though that modo 302 will provide more camera navigation options so 301 may not give you the ability you want.

More users hang out on the offical forums: http://forums.luxology.com/discussion/

Cheers.

03 March 2008
Thanks Phil! I will check out the other modo forum as well.

03 March 2008
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread