Who is going?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

03 March 2008
Who is going?

Who plans to go to the ADAPT 2008 in September?

Stay tuned here for speakers, locations and other tidbits.

03 March 2008
When I know who's presenting, i'll make a decision.

03 March 2008
I just had lunch with the organizers, who told me I could mention the date of the 2008 conference - but that's it!

Stay tuned for more information..

September 22-26, 2008 - Montreal, PQ

This is really turning into an event not to be missed - Softimage is looking very forward to participating again!

Hope to see you there -

jen

Program Manager
Autodesk Media & Entertainment

03 March 2008
Hey guys im going to be in montreal at the time so I might attend. Is there any rules or anything on who can attend. Im not a professional or anything but will be in a few years hopefully.

03 March 2008
I was there last year and had a wonderful time. It's also the week of my brthday so maybe I'll give myself a treat again.

03 March 2008
I attended both years so far and it's been a blast and I'm planning to go this year again!

03 March 2008
I went last year and it was a great first experience...I'm definetely going back this september and taking the masters program this time! Great place to learn new stuff...have a good time...and get free stuff =D

03 March 2008
Can anyone discuss why this event is useful for them and what they got out of the conference?

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

03 March 2008
For me, as a serious hobby artist working primarily in CG, I found the presentations both inspirational (as in inspired to try this, that and the other thing in my own work as well as give me a target as to where someday to aspire to) and educational (new ideas for techniques as well as what goes on behind the scenes in commercial CG work).

It was also very useful in meeting many of the local players and becoming aware of what is going on in this area.

I also got the chance to persoanlly thank Syd Mead for the inspiration his works gave me both as an engineer and as an artist - that was cool.
As a discalimer - I do not expect to take a career in this area as I am currently happily employed in a senior engineering position in one of the major helicopter manufacturers.

03 March 2008
I like the fact that this event is entirely focused around lectures, and with 3 lectures per day it will keep you busy. It has a good mix of presenters from all sorts of disciplines which helps keep things fresh and interesting for everyone attending. The special feature presentations are fantastic as well. The atmosphere is really laid back and friendly which makes it ideal to mingle with your local colleagues and for a quick chat with the guests.
For me overall this event is primarily inspirational, seeing and listening to what is the latest and greatest always gives you a nice boost for the winter months ahead. I do however whish for a few more technically inclined lectures but perhaps this isn't the right venue for it.

03 March 2008
Incarnadine and ShadowM8, thanks for the replies.

Korpus School of Art + Gallery
www.korpus-la.com
Facebook Page | Blog
korpus.info@gmail.com
Downtown Los Angeles

03 March 2008
when the time comes maybe we can all meet up before we head over there or something. I wont know anyone there as none of my friends are interested in 3d lol so it would be great if I could tag along with some of you guys. Im moving back to Montreal in a few weeks also so it would be awesome to meet some locals!

03 March 2008
That's a possibility.

03 March 2008
Ya I also attended both years. It was awesome. I would hope that Ian McCaig would speak for 2008. I missed him the first year and he was not attending 2007.

I can't wait to see the list for Adapt 2008

03 March 2008
Adapt 2008

One of the organizer went to my school for presenting the 2007's. I've planned to go there as a volunteer but it was too late. But this year, I'll try to go there!

Thread Closed share thread