CGTalk > More Forums > Click Here for: > pmG messiah
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 06:41 PM   #1
sadicus
KRULL
 
sadicus's Avatar
portfolio
sadicus
USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 360
Question SSS Tutorial Taron DispTutorial?

chikega's corner for the Video Tutorial(s).

Q: Anyone have a working link for:
http://www.3ddmd.com/download/SSSTutorial1a.wmv

A:
this SSS tutorial can be found here:
http://messiah3d.scribblewiki.com/SSS_video

Q: Anyone have a working link for:

Setting up displacement (video link)

From ScribbleWiki: Messiah:Studio Wiki

by: Taron

Here's a video Taron posted about setting up displacement in messiah



thanks
__________________
sadicus- CGS Portfolio
TRS 80| Bedlam |

Last edited by sadicus : 02-25-2008 at 06:57 PM. Reason: found one sss vid link
 
Old 02-26-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
MarkInTx
Hobbyist
 
MarkInTx's Avatar
Mark Grice
N/A
Grapevine, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadicus

Q: Anyone have a working link for:

Setting up displacement (video link)

From ScribbleWiki: Messiah:Studio Wiki

by: Taron

Here's a video Taron posted about setting up displacement in messiah

thanks


I would love to see this too. I saw the notes Taron posted in the xBrush forum, but I never saw the video... anyone have it?
 
Old 02-27-2008, 01:33 AM   #3
lanosrep1
Frequenter
gary devore
Thousand Oaks, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 156
Re: Setting up Displacement maps from Taron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInTx
I would love to see this too. I saw the notes Taron posted in the xBrush forum, but I never saw the video... anyone have it?


I have it somewhere...but maybe more useful to get Pmg to repost it for everyone.. its a little dated from what I remember anyway.. it involved using the min-max shader, which is now integrated into the texture shader that is used for the displacement maps.
G.
 
Old 02-27-2008, 02:16 AM   #4
MarkInTx
Hobbyist
 
MarkInTx's Avatar
Mark Grice
N/A
Grapevine, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanosrep1
I have it somewhere...but maybe more useful to get Pmg to repost it for everyone.. its a little dated from what I remember anyway.. it involved using the min-max shader, which is now integrated into the texture shader that is used for the displacement maps.
G.


Well, I would sure love to see it, and would be willing to host it on my site for a download for anyone else who wants it -- while we wait for PMG to update the website.

I tried to send you a PM, but it said your box was full... if you shoot me a PM, I can send you an email address, if you can find it.

Thx.
 
Old 02-27-2008, 04:59 AM   #5
lanosrep1
Frequenter
gary devore
Thousand Oaks, USA
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 156
Displacement tut

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkInTx
Well, I would sure love to see it, and would be willing to host it on my site for a download for anyone else who wants it -- while we wait for PMG to update the website.

I tried to send you a PM, but it said your box was full... if you shoot me a PM, I can send you an email address, if you can find it.

Thx.


Sorry about the full inbox.. I'll dig through my Messiah stuff and come up with the tut from Taron.. and get back to you on posting to your site..k?

G.
 
Old 02-27-2008, 11:25 AM   #6
MarkInTx
Hobbyist
 
MarkInTx's Avatar
Mark Grice
N/A
Grapevine, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by lanosrep1
Sorry about the full inbox.. I'll dig through my Messiah stuff and come up with the tut from Taron.. and get back to you on posting to your site..k?

G.


No problem on the full mailbox... just means you are an active member :-)

That would be great if you find the tut! Thanks.
 
Old 02-29-2008, 03:24 AM   #7
chikega
necrotizing fasciitis
Gary E. Chike
Medical Illustrator
Georgia Regents University
USA
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 2,071
Send a message via Yahoo to chikega
Thank you Alex for hosting the link to the SSS Tutorial .
__________________


Last edited by chikega : 02-29-2008 at 03:26 AM.
 
Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #8
MarkInTx
Hobbyist
 
MarkInTx's Avatar
Mark Grice
N/A
Grapevine, USA
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by chikega
Thank you Alex for hosting the link to the SSS Tutorial .


Yes... very nice... Now if we can just get the other tutorial back, we'll be set
 
Old 02-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #9
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 1,066,480
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
__________________
CGTalk Policy/Legalities
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
 
Thread Closed share thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
CGSociety
Society of Digital Artists
www.cgsociety.org

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000 - 2006,
Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Minimize Ads
Forum Jump
Miscellaneous

All times are GMT. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.