Stockholm redesigned

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
Stockholm redesigned

A tribute to the last hill downtown

Old 02 February 2008   #2
WOW!

Now that is amazing!

My only crit is that the "ribs" look like a completely different style to the rest, maybe try to make them fit better with the building?

http://immersivevr.co.uk

Old 02 February 2008   #3
thanks for the crit - in fact I wanted them to look a little different as it strenghtens the diversity of a city - ribs have to do with the hill which is organic and the architecture is more linear as it has to do more with a human (who eventually needs more static spaces as it is more practital at this point in time...). But I agree that there are many (more interesting) visual approaches based on this starting point.

Old 02 February 2008   #4
Hi
I see this picture and ask me is it really possible that people use a Vue or some other software to do trees!!!
I thought that should be purely artistic work, nothing generated with one click!!!
So that is my opinion, but its look unbelievable real!!!

Thanks

Old 02 February 2008   #5
should a painter use pre-mixed paints?...or a sculpter buy clay from a shop?...or an animator just key "key frames"?...or a 3d artist use primitives?

It's a great image, why waste time (and potentially money) creating hundreds of unique trees when an application can do it for you? I often start with a box, cylinder or ball, should I be creating them from scratch every time?...of course not.

http://immersivevr.co.uk

Last edited by biliousfrog : 02 February 2008 at 09:51 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #6
That is not what I meant!!!

Painter can use pre-mixed paints, and you can use a primitives
but these are already finished objects, its like i will take cars
for my "picture" and put them in
This is already finisched trees vor architects, so they can do environment
quickly
This is a Chalenge, hier you have to show your skills!!!
I hope you will understand me right

Thanks

Old 02 February 2008   #7
Did you enter this is the competition last year? The one they ended up choosing was kind of lame. Stockholm is a bit too conservative.

Old 02 February 2008   #8
No - I didn't enter the Stockholm public library comeptition - it was just a school project based on that competition - and this image is slightly modified. Regarding the trees - I didn't use vue or any other algorythm to generate them - they are real photograph - same as the surrounding buildings - I've only used camera mapping to make it look more mock-up - there are simple 3d trees (means 2 orthogonal planes + stick,) with this image mapped on them to make it easier in photoshop to fit.

Old 02 February 2008   #9
at first i thought it was a fossil or bones of godzilla or some extinct dinosaur (just kidding)
it looks great!

Hollow Earth

If you can follow the Lochness Monster with a submersible, it can lead you to a doorway to the Hollow Earth.

Old 02 February 2008   #10
Impressive.Congratulations! IMO you are one of the tops so far.

Old 02 February 2008   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread