DWIII-3D-veritech-z-stalker

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
DWIII-3D-veritech-z-stalker

Well, i've not had much time to sit down and do any concepting just yet, but i have been super excited about the whole competition. I'm planning to do a stalker, with a void/darkness item. I'm not sure yet about the race or gender. i should have some rough sketches up later this evening. good luck to all the competitors!

Old 02 February 2008   #2
well, here's a preliminary concept of a lesser demoness stalker character. She's had her wings clipped, and is now forced to use her darkness weapon (yet to be determined, sorry ) to aid in her endeavors against the machine invasion. I'm not 100% sold on this one yet, i'm still working with it. Right now it seems too boring, sometimes it helps to get these obvious ones out of your system so you can move on to the good stuff.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lesserDemoness copy.jpg (65.2 KB, 85 views)

Last edited by veritech-z : 02 February 2008 at 09:19 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #3
I decided to go for more of a horror look this time, same basic idea though. I think a lot of this contest is going to hinge on the object of power, and i have yet to decide what i think a darkness/void infused object should look like. I'm not totally sold on this demoness idea, i think i may give it one more stab and then try a new tack.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lesserDemoness2.jpg (88.8 KB, 55 views)

Old 02 February 2008   #4
I think i've settled on an idea that has nothing to do with either of these previous drawings...i drew it in pen on actual paper though, and won't be able to scan it till tomorrow. It's going to be a sniper stalker. Imagine something like a female version of Crocodile Dundee, with a super long void rifle with engraving all the way down the barrel. The gun is powered by a crystal (void makes me think purple for some reason, but i'll have to think about it some), and resembles a mauser anti-tank rifle from WWI. I'll post it in the morning sometime.

It's borrowing a lot of thematic ideas from this drawing i did some time ago, but as per the rules it needs to be a new design specifically for this battle and this isn't something i'd be able to enter:

Last edited by veritech-z : 02 February 2008 at 06:31 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #5
I think Sniper stalker is a cool idea, I don't think there would be any problem If U enter with this concept. Also what U can do is Change the race make a Dwarf or some other race with this same concept of Sniper stalker.
All the best

My art blog

Old 02 February 2008   #6
I wouldn't feel right double dipping like that...besides, this new drawing is essentially the same thing but i've changed the gender and lengthened the gun. I really wish i had a scanner at the house...sigh.

Old 02 February 2008   #7
so here it is:

Old 02 February 2008   #8
Ok, so here's the design i'm going with. I combined the original demoness character with the sniper character. I've changed her race to half-dragon, so she'll have horns and some scales, and still be able to have the vestigal wings I was rather fond of. I like the long gun, it's patterned after the Mauser M1918 anti-tank rifle from WWI, but with presentation-style engraving down its entire length. This rifle is an artifact of the void, able to project mini-black holes into the target that cause them to implode in a spectacularly disgusting way. Plus she's got snakeskin boots, which are the business.

Last edited by veritech-z : 02 February 2008 at 11:41 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #9
same image, now in fabulous color! enjoy:

Old 02 February 2008   #10
went ahead and modeled the gun tonight. Haven't done any UVs yet, this is just bare geometry with the default maya shaders on it. 908 tris.

Old 02 February 2008   #11
OMG now that looks great I like that female with hat more as compared to female with horns. Great going

My art blog

Old 02 February 2008   #12
Cow-girls with big guns are always a good thing. Definately stick with the hat.

Old 02 February 2008   #13
what about a hat, AND horns? i've not gotten to the character itself yet, so there's still time...

Old 02 February 2008   #14
started working on the body today, no head or wings just yet though.

Old 02 February 2008   #15

Worked a bit on the overall muscletone, also added a head and wing. Still need to put some time into the hand and optimize my geometry all over, and then i'll mirror the geometry and make sure the general proportions are doing ok.

Thread Closed share thread