DWIII - 2d - System404 - Ragna Røkkr

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
DWIII - 2d - System404 - Ragna Røkkr

---LATEST UPDATE---

Design 2.

Weapon sketches

Last edited by System404 : 03 March 2008 at 03:02 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #2
CGTalk seemed to have so many totally must-win contenders last year during concept stage and yours was definately one that had me convinced :), hope you have a blooded tooth from last year! :) looking forward to seeing your work of this years! :\)/

Old 02 February 2008   #3
You're going to hurt a lot of people, Sys.
And I'm not even going to mention your kill count.

Looking forward to your first concepts.

Old 02 February 2008   #4
Yup its should be fun bulldozing all those pawns out of the way....

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2008   #5
Thanks for the kind words guys! TO WAR!!!
I want to keep in line with my Dominance War 2 entry so I'm sticking to the Norse mythology. I really want to push this one as far as character.

Character brief:
Ragna Røkkr

After the failed attempt of the Valkiries in the last war the gods watched as the universe plundered into darkness. In the coming years they saw how the mechanical threat gave way to a more menacing danger. This new danger came as more species ditched their technological crutches in favor of the god's own weapon of choice, magic.
Fearing that their place in the universe is being challanged, the gods try for one desperate attack, The release of the Ragna
Røkkr. Surely a beast meant for total destruction can wipe the universe clean, right?

Character type:
Class:
Warlord

Artifact weapon:
Fire/lava

Last edited by System404 : 02 February 2008 at 04:42 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #6
ok this is the first attempt.
I wanted to sorta mix in the mayor characters in Norse myth, especially Fenrir and Surtr. This is the most obvious choice so I'm really not happy with this. At least now I can proceed more creatively since this is out of my system.

Here's a mix of other sketches after the last one.I still am not clear on the direction, I want something very massive and powerful. Once i've settled on the body type I'll move on to armor and details.
Critiques and commetns welcomed.

Last edited by System404 : 02 February 2008 at 04:46 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #7
I really like the norse myth idea you could always make him extremly powerful looking.

Old 02 February 2008   #8
Good shapes in your sketches...I like the 2 in the bottom right corner. Very powerful and intimidating. I am suprised so many are going with the fire magic. After the Balrog (LOTR) I'm scared to create anything that has to do with fire. "How could I ever top that?" But i'm looking forward to what you can come up with. I'm rootin' for ya.

DWIV

Last edited by thejaybird : 02 February 2008 at 05:45 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #9
Wow I love your sketches! Top 6 catches my eye, with the crossed reversed mandibles! Awesome! I feel like Bottom 4, the horned dragon with the mace, is also very nice.

Old 02 February 2008   #10
Originally Posted by thejaybird: Good shapes in your sketches...I like the 2 in the bottom right corner. Very powerful and intimidating.

I agree, but I also like the evil, taunting expression of the devil creature in the middle bottom row. Make it brute like, but intelligent in a devilish kind of way.

Old 02 February 2008   #11
Very cool man, glad to see you in it this year as well Loving the concepts so far.

cheers,
Gav

Old 02 February 2008   #12
ah, I first read Nurse and was all like "woah! cool!" x¨D
great sketching! didn't see one that really hit the spot for me character-wise though.. hope for more! :)

Old 02 February 2008   #13
I go with the norse character too.

MY HMC

Old 02 February 2008   #14
Wow! You're on fire!

I think I still prefer the first one tho. Anyway, I'll keep looking here once in a while... it looks promising!

Old 02 February 2008   #15
great ideas here... i really like your thumbnails!!!

my DWIII

Thread Closed share thread