DWIII - 3D - RedRepublik - Anathema

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
DWIII - 3D - RedRepublik - Anathema

Final Image 4/12/08 -check last page for full submission

name: anathema
class: clericon
race: drider
artifact type: darkness/void

Last edited by RedRepublik : 04 April 2008 at 02:35 PM. Reason: final image

Old 02 February 2008   #2
Digging the direction Red! Curious what type of legs you are going with, and if he will have a tail, which could be used as another weapon I will keep an eye out on this one for sure, good luck with the war.

Spark

www.bbriley.com

Old 02 February 2008   #3
here are 2 other ideas that i have been exploring, but i'm still leaning towards the original fire lizard idea

Old 02 February 2008   #4
I like the Spider human a lot it has very interesting design I think you could do a lot with it.

Old 02 February 2008   #5
i second the spider human

Old 02 February 2008   #6
Arrow

I REALLY like the top part of the spider, the one separate. I think it looks like a Dragon Warrior or something like that. It also matches pretty well with the spider legs

Old 02 February 2008   #7
Fire Lizard could make for some cool monster skin (not a fan of the halter top leather though but I really like the spider webby looking helmet on spider chick...

...or I could be trying to mislead you... lookin forward to it Jeff

Old 02 February 2008   #8
haha hey bird how's it going. i havn't seen your entry yet. too busy unpacking? well i showed the spider concept around at work and everyone said it looked like the doom 3 spider chick (i never played doom 3 so i had to look it up). i didn't want to infringe, but i do like that design.

hmm what to do

Old 02 February 2008   #9
I would have to agree with the Doom 3 sentiment. It also reminds me of a Drider from D&D parlance.

To be honest, I'm personally digging the second "heavy armor" thing with the arachnid arms coming out of his back. That has some cool potential to toy with both armor and organic alien forms.

Old 02 February 2008   #10
i did a little more with the golem and the fire lizard. still not sure which direction i want to go

Old 02 February 2008   #11
Hmmm.. head ideas... how about a really ticked off looking boulvine looking head, or something alienlike?

Old 02 February 2008   #12
i need to start focusing on one direction. please help me choose A B or C.

thanks

red

Old 02 February 2008   #13
maybe you could combine the best of both worlds, B and C, imo. take the hairy spiderlegs and put on C's back instead of the metalic things. then give him an ugly spiderhead/spider looking mask.. good luck man!

Old 02 February 2008   #14
Looking good there Miller!
www.alphaworksone.com

Old 02 February 2008   #15
While I like them all, B is the one that stands out to me. In the grand scheme of the competition I've seen many large bulky guys with glowing lava concepts. Not to say yours aren't better, but B is unique and not a bad concept anyway.

She'd look cool with some sort of spear or polearm in my opinion. Or even a Bow.

Thread Closed share thread