DWIII-3D-Brad James-Warlord

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
DWIII-3D-Brad James-Warlord

Hi Everyone,

I’ve decided to join the madness and try my hands at making my first game model. It will all be very new to me so as much help as possible would be great. This is the idea for my model.

His name is Lord Anteus and he once was a human until he came across a special glove. As he slipped on the glove he could feel a change coming over his body. The rock/iron glove started to form into his hand and he could feel a new sense of power. Over time the rest of his body changed form. His feet became rock, and a protective layer of rock grow from his back rising above his head. His shoulders also became covered in rock. His body/arms are now also covered with wards which link him to the earth and draws power from it. This is the only magic he has but it is only useful on himself for rejuvenating his body in battle. It also gives him the power and strength to move since his body has become so heavy from the iron/rock. The glove he carries has a sharp shaped stone at the end which he uses as a weapon. If the weapon or glove ever become damaged in battle or cut off it will grow back to its initial state.

I will post my progress on the basemesh very soon….

Old 02 February 2008   #2
Good luck! You should do find, I'm surprised you've never done a game model before.

DWIII Entry

Old 02 February 2008   #3
dmonk: Hey man...its true I've never pushed myself much past modeling so I thought what better way to get my butt in gear when DWIII.

ok so here is an early stage of the basemesh. Just trying to figure out what areas while grow out of him as armored rock. Anyways its a start.

Old 02 February 2008   #4
Wow, quick progress... I got to jump on the ball. Keep it goin!

Old 02 February 2008   #5
Here is an update on Anteus...I think I should be ready for Sculpting soon.

Old 02 February 2008   #6
No concept art?

Old 02 February 2008   #7
Xarxys: I really suck at drawing so I don't spend much time at it. Here is a sketch I did to get the main ideas down. Lots of issue in it but its just a sketch right

Old 02 February 2008   #8
ok so've jumped right into the sculpting now and I'm just trying to lay out the forms. I know I don't do much sketching on paper but I find I use Mudbox as kind of a sketch book. I play with ideas in there and bring out the features in the character instead of on paper. Anyways here he is so far. Still loads of things to change and fix.

Old 02 February 2008   #9
Good start on the sulpting. Is he wearing armor or is his body going to be incased in stone?

DWIII Entry

Old 02 February 2008   #10
dmonk: Thanks man. The armor has grown to his body so as best I can I will try to convey that.

Old 02 February 2008   #11
ok well I've changed the feet design direction a little. I've made them appear more as if they are growing up into his legs instead of a protective section over the knee. I also decided to pull out some rock/iron armor from his sides. I'll see how that turns out over time.

Old 02 February 2008   #12
no comments?

Old 02 February 2008   #13
I think It's good execution, but I don't know if I'm feeling the artifact on his arm and I think for the armor to work it needs to have a little more of an organic feel like the rocks coming out of his back. I like the start of the armor by itself and the rock formations by itself, but something just isn't connecting for me.

Just my 2 cents, which is only worth about 2 cents.

DWIII Entry

Last edited by dmonk : 02 February 2008 at 01:31 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #14
Hey there James. Nice model dude, can't wait to see where you'll go with the level of details Good luck with the contest, I'll keep an eye on your thred

Old 02 February 2008   #15
dmonk: Thank you for the reply and trust me your comments are worth more then 2 cents. I agree with them and I will work on pushing the various rock/armor sections to flow/fit better with the model.

Avatarr: Thanks for the nice comment and I should have an update soon.

Thread Closed share thread