DWIII - 2D - CharlesVarenne - Dael

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
DWIII - 2D - CharlesVarenne - Dael

Very exciting to start DW. Good luck every body.

LAST UPDATE

Dominance War 4

My Blog
My website

Last edited by CharlesVarenne : 04 April 2008 at 08:00 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #2
I am going to do a Darkness/void warlord. Female human character.
Her weapon is some kind of morning star/whip full of negative energy. As soon as an ennemy is wounded his body collapse into dark energy, feeding the weapon and making it stronger.

Heres my first concept with some quick sketches.

Dominance War 4

My Blog
My website

Old 02 February 2008   #3
i'm liking the one on the top left

Work In Progress Thread
http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthr...?f=234&t=597444

Old 02 February 2008   #4
Originally Posted by riu: i'm liking the one on the top left

ditto! Has a really nice feel to it. Looks solid and strong too.

Old 02 February 2008   #5
If you could merge the top two... AMAZING!

Old Free Tutorial - Game Modeling Tutorials
Deviant Art - Here

Old 02 February 2008   #6
Thanks guys for your comments.

heres an other update.

A rough sketch of the base design. Will probably add some elements, do more research, thumbnails... But I think the main base is there.

Dominance War 4

My Blog
My website

Last edited by CharlesVarenne : 02 February 2008 at 03:16 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #7
Mmmm, curvy.

Lookin' sweet! The only thing that's bugging me at this point is the gauntlet things; they don't really fit with the repeated shapes on the headdress, corset or shoes.

Old 02 February 2008   #8
Originally Posted by Swizzle: Mmmm, curvy.

Lookin' sweet! The only thing that's bugging me at this point is the gauntlet things; they don't really fit with the repeated shapes on the headdress, corset or shoes.

Thanks for your answer. yeah you right, I will put more consistency to my design, and dig more to this type of repeated rectangular shape.

Dominance War 4

My Blog
My website

Old 02 February 2008   #9
I like the whole female warlord theme and how she has those smoke pillars extending from her back but I have a little problem with her figure; she seems a little short and the triangular wings near her shoulders are a little short IMO. Overall, nice!

Old 02 February 2008   #10
Originally Posted by StacyOgie: I like the whole female warlord theme and how she has those smoke pillars extending from her back but I have a little problem with her figure; she seems a little short and the triangular wings near her shoulders are a little short IMO. Overall, nice!

For the shoulder part I wanted to have a smaller piece at the front. But I guess because this is not well defined, it does look wrong. About the face, after relooking at it I think there is more a problem on how I sit the head on the neck, but I will correct that on a more advance sketch.
Thanks for your comments.

Dominance War 4

My Blog
My website

Old 02 February 2008   #11
Originally Posted by CharlesVarenne: For the shoulder part I wanted to have a smaller piece at the front. But I guess because this is not well defined, it does look wrong. About the face, after relooking at it I think there is more a problem on how I sit the head on the neck, but I will correct that on a more advance sketch.
Thanks for your comments.

I like the overall design and I'm interested by gauntlet things but I'm not sure about the Morning Star that she wields on a chain. I quite liked the original concept which was in the initial sketches (bottom left).

Originally Posted by StacyOgie: but I have a little problem with her figure; she seems a little
short

Maybe make the legs a little smaller?

Dneg-ed.

Old 02 February 2008   #12
Arrow

the main base is there. You can add details or whatever but this character design is very strong right now, don't toss it out please!

Old 02 February 2008   #13
thanks ed for the comments. An other friend told me that the legs were big as well. But I like it this way. Perhaps I will make them thinner, but if I do it will be a tiny bit.
For the morning star I have to have this type of weapon for my final picture that I thought about.

DDS: thanks, no worries I like this design as well so I will keep on digging it.

Oki, about the concept heres more explanation. She has this weapon which each time she wound someone kill him by putting his body into a dark hole ( or something like that) and the weapon absorb this dark energy. After that she absorbs the energy of it to use it for being faster, stronger, more resistant etc... The things is this dark energy is so powerfull that she has to leave some getting out (a bit like a steam cooker) or the energy will destroy her from inside.

When she wound an enemy you will have his body smalling in part in a similar way as the energy around her hand (from the pic on the same post). Thats explaining the design as well on her armor.

So heres a first clean up, more details pic.

Dominance War 4

My Blog
My website

Old 02 February 2008   #14
Love it. It has the Xena warrior feel to it. Keep it comin'.

Old 02 February 2008   #15
Originally Posted by StacyOgie: Love it. It has the Xena warrior feel to it. Keep it comin'.

Oh no dont tell me it has a Xena feeling. I cant stand this series and design."just teasing" . But as it is video game design yes it probably has this feeling anyway.
Thanks for the comments

Dominance War 4

My Blog
My website

Thread Closed share thread