DWIII - 3D - Obmoc - Chimera

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2008
DWIII - 3D - Obmoc - Chimera

Name: Caiden Storm
Race: Human
Class: Warlord
Artifact : Medallion
Ability: Air/Lightning

Description: Caiden Storm is a member of a secret organization known as the CG Society. She is humanity's best chance at survival. She posesses the ability to use lightning because of a medailion found while exploring a worm hole. Lighting should be greatly successful against this new machine threat coming out of the ground. Her primary weapon is a bow and arrow. She has the abilities to arch lighting to her arrows. Her bow also folds into a double sided blade for close combat. She will be very stealth spy looking. She attacks with precision and silence. She has an animal companion. I'm currently not sure what it will be. I am leaning toward a Siberian Tiger. Hit me up with feedback!!

Last edited by Obmoc : 02 February 2008 at 06:39 PM.

02 February 2008
So what you guys think

I noticed there are several people in here. What do you guys think of my idea. I'll post sketches today.

02 February 2008
You have a good thought out story line and I like the Siberian tiger companion idea.

02 February 2008
Very cool idea man. Siberian tiger sounds cool, although for stealth maybe a Panter? Though, that could be tough to pull off since it's all black :S

Gav

02 February 2008
Panther

Gavin, I too was thinking about the panther. but what would you guys and gals think about a monkey. I could see the monkey droppin in and take weapons from people. It would funny. Siberian Tiger sounds cooler, but a monkey would be kinda funny.

On another note. Here is a concept sketch. Let me know what ya think. I'm not sure I like the harness that wraps around the front of her. It is going to attach to her arrow bag. Right now the way it is, it looks very manga.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CGStorm_Concept1.jpg (45.0 KB, 69 views)

Last edited by Obmoc : 02 February 2008 at 10:16 PM.

02 February 2008
High Poly Render

Here is a High Poly Render.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg highpoly.jpg (8.6 KB, 90 views)

Last edited by Obmoc : 02 February 2008 at 10:22 PM.

02 February 2008
Revision

Here is a revision to the initial sketch. I've given her some shooting glasses like Mr. and Mrs smith. I also got rid of the manga looking torso for a splinter cell type vest. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CGStorm_Concept2.jpg (24.7 KB, 59 views)

02 February 2008
Companion

Ok so I thought I would gather some references for the Tiger and draw some test runs. I'm not sure what I what I should give the tiger for armor and such. I'm thinkin Caiden can ride the tiger bare back. The reason I said ride is because they weigh like 900 pounds and are like 13 feet long. Any way here is the image. Please give some advice on what to do to the tiger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CGStorm_Concept1Companion.jpg (84.7 KB, 64 views)

Last edited by Obmoc : 02 February 2008 at 10:22 PM.

02 February 2008
hey obmoc, the tiger-sketches lookin' great! but I think you have to give them a more individual/stylized feeling, like more war-like colorsheme, and as you said amor! war is hard.

for caiden, I think she looks too modern, she lacks the mystic and magical theme the contest is about, don´t you think?

02 February 2008
Modern Fantasy

we'll the way I interpreted the story it seemed like it was a very modern world with modern stuff. The only down fall is no tech. Hence the modern design. Not stuck with the way it is though. I'm still changing things around. So I thought the futuristic or modern character able to use magic was what I was shooting for.

02 February 2008
Lacking Uniqueness

Ok so after careful inspection of everyone else's entries and rereading the requirements for the war. I feel a major rework of Caiden's design is needed because she lacks that fear aspect. I will post the rework today. She will now be an invoker, and her companion will be a Chimera instead of a tiger.

02 February 2008
More Demonic, More Destructive Caiden

Ok here is an update. Attached is concept sketch and a low poly version of the model I am working now. So the idea is she will float behind her animal companion in the sky strapped to the cross. Chains will link her to the Chimera like a leash. Instead of the bow and arrow she will conjure high wind and bad weather etc. lightning from her purch in the sky. The eyes of the faces on the cross will glow. Her attire will still be her modern spy gear, but it will be battered and torn.

The story is similar to before, but now the artifact she finds posesses her turning her into a killing machine. Let me know what you guys think.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CGStorm_Possessed.jpg (32.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg Caidennew_concept.jpg (10.8 KB, 51 views)

02 February 2008
Ok, I suggest dropping the cross, its impractical.
She is supposed to be an invoker. Maybey do some reaserch into Godesses, maybey give her charateristics of the chimera, cats eyes, mane, claws. Also try to make the chimera otherworldly, not just a Lion, but somthing thats new, that we havent seen before.
Keep going, you will get your concept working great, and it will help when it comes to the 3d model.

MY HMC

02 February 2008
AirFlow got me thinking!! So here is another version.

So in this version the female character actually becomes Chimera. This looks more demonic and evil. I feel it looks more unique than the previous concepts it also portrays the magic theme better. What do you guys think. How do the huff legs look? Are the extra arms in the right spot. What kind of weapons should I give her. Behind her is going to be a dream catcher. I was thinkin about trying to incorporate the other forums logos on the spheres around the dream catcher. I was thinking I could make the spheres skulls and etch each forums logo on the forehead of a skull. There will be feathers of our forum's colors hanging from the dream catcher. Our logo will be on her clothing. I'm thinkin all use one of Aeons logos as a pattern for fabric. For her weapons she will have swords in each hand.

Does anyone have a suggestion as to how to model the snake tail? currently I am setting up circles and am going to loft the curve. Is there a better way to do it? let me know. Also does anyone no where tutorials for modeling weapons and armor can be found? I just want to see what the work flow is like. Is the armor a seperate piece or is it pulled out of the base mesh? Just wondering?

Anyway heres a couple screen shots.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChimeraConceptfront.jpg (9.7 KB, 37 views)
File Type: jpg ChimeraConceptside.jpg (7.1 KB, 22 views)

02 February 2008
Added swords and Armor

Here is another shot with some armor and swords included.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ChimeraConceptfront.jpg (77.5 KB, 53 views)

Thread Closed share thread