DWIII - 3D - dmightyone - whitestorm

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 02 February 2008   #1
DWIII - 3D - dmightyone - whitestorm

Latest update:

By dmightyone at 2008-04-07

Last edited by dmightyone : 04 April 2008 at 12:11 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #2
first update
been drawing for a whille and figured i'm gonna do a sort of human-tiger-ish warlord with an ice bladed ballista and he's gonna be called whitestorm. it still needs a hell lot more details but the basic shapes are there. here's his story and his first sketch:

(sorry for my bad english )

"The frozen planet of polarticus was once a peaceful land, home of the icyclaws (a human-tiger-ish race), until they had their frost orb, which was their main source of power and also provided protection from the rays of the red sun from melting and destroying their planet, stolen by their enemies. In a final attempt to rescue their orb, whitestorm, the mightiest warlord of the icyclaws, led his troops to reclaim the stolen object to save his planet. Indeed whitestorm managed to recover the orb, but it was too late, since the only troop he had left was his loyal wizard and friend tigeroz. The wizard, seeing no escape for both of them, cast a powerful spell that attached the power of the orb to whitestorm’s bladed crossbow. The spell took the entire wizard’s power, leading him to his death, but the icyclaw warlord was no longer a normal soldier, for his crossbow now had all the power of the frost orb, which was now bound to his body and his body, was bound to the orb. With such an immense power he killed all the remain enemy troops that were threatening his home, and swore that he would never rest until destroy every single planet that once defied their kingdom. "

C & C are very welcome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg first update DW.jpg (92.2 KB, 276 views)

Last edited by dmightyone : 02 February 2008 at 08:02 AM.

Old 02 February 2008   #3
hi, really cool concept! the only thing I dont like is the fur, fur is for girlies

Old 02 February 2008   #4
Looks dandy

Two things from the top of my head. What happens to the tusks when he moves his legs and the skis could look a bit more practical

Old 02 February 2008   #5
thanks a lot guys!
about the fur i think ur right so i removed part of it but i still left some at the back of his neck so its gonna look like its coming out of his skin
Pixelbear i agree with u about the tusks, i'll have to figure a way to fit it in there without messing with his legs. about the skis i was thinking like they were more like some sort of artificial claws coming out of his feet, that explains why i didnt go for more normal skis.

Been playing a little bit with the colors and also decided that i'm gonna do a secondary weapon, a spear or something, just to keep his left hand busy. again C & C are welcome!

By dmightyone at 2008-02-18

Old 02 February 2008   #6
Great Concept

I really like the concept. Looks sweet. Can't wait to see more. Tusks look great but they do seem to be in the way. What about moving them to the shoulders, or knee for armor details.

Old 02 February 2008   #7
good start

Nice color work. I am thinking the skis would get in the way tho in some fights.
Vancouver BC Canada
www.nwfx.com

DWIV thread.

Old 02 February 2008   #8
I agree with QuantumPixel skis are really too long, might be inconvenient in action.
And fur is great, I'd use it more on hands perhaps, but what bothers me is how you'll model it afterwards?
Keep the good work going, white tiger and back eyes looks preatty cool!

Old 02 February 2008   #9
Those ice crystals look awesome!

Old 02 February 2008   #10
really nice design on this one. I will keep my eye on it for sure

Old 02 February 2008   #11
Killer concept Daniel! I enjoy the story as well. I will be watching very closely

Cheers

Old 02 February 2008   #12
thanks a lot for the comments guys, i really appreciate it!
about the skis i'm thinking about some sort of latches so he can remove them in no time for battle in non-snow environments or flat places. i'll be doing some designs for the skis tonight when i get home. about the tusks i'm thinking about putting them more horizontally, i think it will be easier to figure that problem in the 3d process though so i'll leave it like that for now. if the tusks dont work i'll just put a belt. again thanks for the tips! i'll be posting updates soon

ps: digi_est, the fur will just be polygons with a transparency map on it. vbmenu_register("postmenu_4957295", true);

Last edited by dmightyone : 02 February 2008 at 10:16 PM.

Old 02 February 2008   #13
Post Think Tank ATTACK!!

Hey man! That's a pretty cool, stylish guy! I like the ice crystals and design details on his chestplate. If I had any suggestions for the 3d final it'd be mostly the posing, the left leg looks a tad awkward, especially in silhouette. Also, a bit more fine detailing on the feet and hands would make it improve three-fold!

May the streets run red with the blood of our enemies, the polycounters!!

For Freedom! For Justice! For Cgtalk!

Old 02 February 2008   #14
more updates
first, i've solved the "tusks problem", now they're gonna be 2 separete pieces hanging from his belt and are gonna be used for climbing (i did a quick sketch in the second picture below to show how's gonna work: the artifact goes to his back and his skis go to the back of his belt). i changed the red armorplate as well dividing them in several plates, to give him mobility in the torso. i've changed the artifact a little bit (still have to work more on it thought) and added glowy markings on his robe and on his wristband. ive also done some ski designs and would like to hear your opinions to figure which one to give him:

By dmightyone at 2008-02-20

By dmightyone at 2008-02-20

Old 02 February 2008   #15
Looks awesome, I like the whole idea. I would probably pick 3 on the skis, because they're still visually appealing but probably more practical than 4, which looks awesome but seems like they'd break peices off while skiing alot of times haha. 2 wouldn't be bad either but 3 would be my pick.

Thread Closed share thread