|05 May 2003|
new blender game
Okay, the never to be finished game is now finished, or as finished as it is going to get. It still has some bugs, but after 4 months of trying to get rid of the pesky critters, I decided to hell with it, I'll just write the bugs into the story. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted, but hey it's finished. Oh and sorry but the file is kinda big. I'm still having problems keeping poly counts down.
The Ancients created four races and gave them unique abilities. They are:
1) Dreamweavers - long lived guardians and mentors of the race of Man
2) Riathan - magical healers and lore keepers
3) Garabad - the warrior class, they magically appear and disappear at will
making them fearsome in battle
4) Man - although short lived and not magical in the least, Man was given
the ability to dream
A disgruntled Dreamweaver (Darius) stole the Orb of Destiny, a special object created by the Ancients to strengthen Man's ability to dream and to allow the Dreamweavers to influence and inspire the dreams of Man. Darius then broke the Orb into 5 pieces and hid them. You are Johan, our lucky hero, called by Sendrah (Dreamweaver), to recover the missing pieces of the Orb and restore them to their rightful place. Unfortunatly you are only a Man and are unable to "see" the pieces. So you have to find 10 pages from the Ancients Book of Wisdom in order to "see" the pieces. Once you have recovered the Orb pieces, you need to find the Amulet of Descari to be transported to Sendrah's grove to deliver the Orb. The Garabad are quick and hard to kill, if you actually manage to kill one, something "unusual" happens. After you have been hurt in battle, look for a Riathan (looks like a fairy) to heal you. Make sure you have found at least one page of wisdom though, as that is her price for healing.
TO MOVE: USE ARROW KEYS
TO SWING SWORD: SPACE BAR
1) I have had this fixed several time, but it keeps coming back and currently the page count starts at 1, even though you haven't found any yet, so the page count will need to read 11 before the Orbs will appear.
2) After 4 months of changing and testing settings, I still can't resolve the fact that Garabad has the uncanny ability to knock you across the landscape. If you are lucky, you won't get hit far, if you are unlucky you will land clear on the other side of the island.
3) If you are quick enough to kill a Garabad, all his brothers appear to witness his passing, during which timeeverything slows way down until they all return to their hiding spots. It won't last long, so you can either wait til they disappear or move really slow til they disappear.
So if you have nothing better to do for 20 minutes or so, check it out.
|01 January 2006|
Thread automatically closed
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
Note that as CGTalk Members, you agree to the terms and conditions of using this website.
|Thread Closed share thread|