Church

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

02 February 2008
Church

I am hoping to get a cg award with this one and im gonna put it into the ue3 editor and cryengine 2....

all diffuse no normal o spec maps yet...im gonna take this and throw gizmos on it and make it tech and sci fi

02 February 2008
it looks pretty good so far, but if you want to bring it into an editor like that, it has to be super efficient or it will slow down everything

can you show us some wires?
Blog: http://zandererasmus.blogspot.com/

02 February 2008
cool stuff.. you sure you can't get a 3d job? lol reminds me of assasins creed right now, can't wait to see the sci-fi twist

02 February 2008
yeah ill throw up some wires tomorrow im about to crash out... and yeah today i got rejected at sucker punch and it's fair to say every game company has rejected me...big to small and from sea to shining sea lol...the sci fi twist is gonna be a C&C cuz im on a C&C mod team for crysis

02 February 2008
That looks pretty damn cool. From what I can see, the poly count doesn't look too high either. The balcony rails and scaffolding might be pushing it if you were going to merge it into the middle of a town, but I think you could still get away with it. Unreal 3 Engine is pretty efficient.

Can't wait to see it with some normal maps. Good work!

Hey and don't worry, I'm copping my share of rejection too

02 February 2008
Post Can't get a job?

That sucks man. I'm kinda in the same boat. I hope to learn some new tricks in the next couple months to further my skills even more. The model looks excellent. The sci-fi twist is going to look very final fantasy, or gears of war. I can't wait to see it. Make sure you reduce polycount where possible.

02 February 2008
Originally Posted by myd00m: yeah ill throw up some wires tomorrow im about to crash out... and yeah today i got rejected at sucker punch and it's fair to say every game company has rejected me...big to small and from sea to shining sea lol...the sci fi twist is gonna be a C&C cuz im on a C&C mod team for crysis

wow thats discouraging... you have a lot of great work

02 February 2008
Wires

and thanks for the comments

02 February 2008
Hey there,

So far this is looking good. Modeling is nice and clean and textures are looking like they are coming along. I think this piece is going to end up being pretty rad if you continue at this pace.

I look forward to seeing more on this thread.

You say you can't get a job - are you making it to the interview stage?

m1ND

Last edited by m1NDfReAK : 02 February 2008 at 04:35 AM.

02 February 2008
I just got myfirs interview Bottlerocket Entertainment. MARK OF KRI my fav ps2 game <<<excited

02 February 2008
I think this looks like a great start and I'm not sure it really needs to be sci-fi:ed up... It could be a beautiful church on it's own, maybe make two versions? Finish the church first then add the hi tech bits?

Congrats on the interview, I hope it goes well!

(could you post a screenshot of the wires instead, it's hard to see how many tris the finer detail uses since the wireframe is just a black mass)

02 February 2008
Congrats on the interview - hopefully your luck will turn around here. Urgaffel might be right by saying to do two versions of this piece.

What era and region is this architecture supposed to be based off of?

m1ND

02 February 2008
yes i am going to do 2 versions...im gonna complete it like this once and then throw scfi chunks on top...

02 February 2008
A solid looking scene. Cant wait to see more of it
Dev-blog
blog.tomaslidstrom.com

02 February 2008
Delightful. The scaffolding makes the scene.

Thread Closed share thread