Mental Ray. Is it true that...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2003   #1
Mental Ray. Is it true that...

I am not fluent in Maya and I heard something that I just have to confirm with those in the know.

I know that the Mental Ray version that comes free with Maya 4.5 doesn't allow for network rendering. But you can network render with Maya normal render.

I heard that if the user tries to use the Mental Ray renderer, it looses privileges of network rendering of Maya's renderer itself. So from that point on it cannot render in a network neither with Mental Ray nor with Maya itself.

This doesn't make much sense to me but I would like to confirm with the experts.

Thank you.

Old 04 April 2003   #2
"I heard that if the user tries to use the Mental Ray renderer, it looses privileges of network rendering of Maya's renderer itself. "

False.

Old 04 April 2003   #3
Re: Mental Ray. Is it true that...

Quote: I know that the Mental Ray version that comes free with Maya 4.5 doesn't allow for network rendering. But you can network render with Maya normal render.

MRfM 1.5.1 allows for network rendering - it just can't be a slave to other masters - but it can act as a master and integrate slaves running the mental ray standalone version

Old 04 April 2003   #4
Thank you guys, for enlighten me in this matter and confirming that it wasn't making any sense!

Regards,

Old 01 January 2006   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread