Dual Athlon XP instead of MP

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2002
Dual Athlon XP instead of MP

I've heard some rumours that you should be able to use 2 XP CPUs together, that there's no sence in paying extra for "MP". Is this just BS, or does it actually work?

04 April 2002
Im Using 2 XP 1600+ on the ASUS Dual platform (AMD MPX chipset...no reg. DDR nessesary!!)....works perfectly well....but I heard rumors that AMD will shut off the Dualsupport for XP CPUS in the near future....(mine are 2 Months old)....

cheers
fred

04 April 2002
errr.?

wait...can the dual mp +1900 work at the same time ?

04 April 2002
Quote: Originally posted by fdo
Im Using 2 XP 1600+ on the ASUS Dual platform (AMD MPX chipset...no reg. DDR nessesary!!)....works perfectly well....but I heard rumors that AMD will shut off the Dualsupport for XP CPUS in the near future....(mine are 2 Months old)....

cheers
fred

is the mainboard called Asus A7M266-D? Have you run any benchmarks with only one CPU running compared to 2 CPUs running? Want to know if there's any sense in buying a dual cpu system. Want the most bang for the buck

and btw, do you have a 400W+ PSU? Quote from asus.com:
The minimum requirement for full-power loading is a 400 Watt ATX 12V power supply

Last edited by Evol : 04 April 2002 at 01:45 AM.

04 April 2002
I have several Dual XP 1900+ systems set up.

they work just fine.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread