Network Rendering

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2003   #1
Rendering

here is the deal. I bought maya complete 4.5 with a single license. I have installed it onto my laptop. I am now in the process of rendering and am wondering how I can use my other computer to render as well. I have heard that you can render on a machine other than the one you licensed maya with. I talked to someone at Alias/Wavefront and they said just put a blank aw.dat file into my flexlm folder. If anyone could please help me out I would sure appreciate it. Thanks.

Old 04 April 2003   #2
Re: Rendering

Install maya as you normally would but skip the licensing section and then create a c:/flexlm directory and as you were told place an empy text file in that diretory called aw.dat. Now if you go to the commandline and type in render.exe -h the command should print it's options.

Old 04 April 2003   #3
thank you for the reply. I am using a mac. sorry i didn't say that before, but I really do appreciate your reply. Thanks alot.

Old 04 April 2003   #4
Quote:
Originally posted by ryant14
thank you for the reply. I am using a mac. sorry i didn't say that before, but I really do appreciate your reply. Thanks alot.

Well the process would be the same for the Mac except you create a /var/flexlm folder to put the aw.dat file.

Actually you might need to call the file aw_client.dat

http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Tm...c_floating.html

Last edited by gmask : 04 April 2003 at 01:13 AM.

Old 04 April 2003   #5
so then what would i do to get it to render. will maya open up or do i need to do something in particular to get my scenes rendering? I really do appreciate the help. Thank you very much!
Ryan

Old 04 April 2003   #6
Quote:
Originally posted by ryant14
so then what would i do to get it to render. will maya open up or do i need to do something in particular to get my scenes rendering? I really do appreciate the help. Thank you very much!
Ryan

You'll have to use render at the commandline or a thiurdparty rendering utility.. the GUI is not licensed to run.

Old 04 April 2003   #7
thanks again, your are awesome.

ryan

Old 01 January 2006   #8
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread