Increasing speed...

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

11 November 2007
Increasing speed...

Hi there guys.
Let me tell you my problem.
I have a torus knot object. I created a plow source and use the torus object as volume for my particles so I set the object as no renderable and I have the shape of the torus conformed by particles...
well, it's ok so far... now the idea is that i want to disorder the particles from its original torus shape. For this, I want to increase the speed slowly so the particles move faster in order the movie goes forward. The problem is that taking into account that I created all the particles in the first frame, when I adjust the velocity or speed of the particles, nothing happens. I mean I want to start moving the particles slow and faster every frame from frame 20 forward, but I asume according to what I tried, that the particle speed is attached according to the moment on that particle was born. How can I accelerate particles that were born already and have an inicial speed value of zero?
Hope you can help me my friends.

11 November 2007
Add an age test set to say 5,5 linked to a new event add a speed operator, then you can set keys in the speed operators "speed" spinner. Set a key at frame 0 with a speed of 0 scrub to frame 20, set another key with a speed of 100.

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 11 November 2007 at 06:26 PM. Reason: clarification and spelling

11 November 2007
I got that, but how can I link the age of a particle with speed?
the idea is that, the older the particle, the faster it moves.

11 November 2007
I see. Oh dear, script it.

Sorry, I must have misunderstood your question.

Here is an attempt at it: it loops the particle through a spawn, each time the particle goes through the loop it gains 20+20% inhereted speed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip SpeedByAge.zip (23.0 KB, 22 views)

Last edited by JohnnyRandom : 11 November 2007 at 12:30 AM.

11 November 2007
Hey Jonhnny! Thanks a lot man. That's exactly what I was looking for!
It helps a lot!

11 November 2007
Cool

I was trying to build a script operator for it, but my PFlow scripting skills are still in kindergarden.

I think that scripting it would give you more control.

11 November 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread