Softimage Books

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2003
Softimage Books

Just out of curiosity, how come after-market SI books are really hard to come by? There are a hell of a lot of books for 3ds max and Maya ones are starting to surface more frequently. I've managed to find a couple of Soft books for both |3D and |XSI, albeit in the bargain bins of good bookstores.

Granted, there are quite a few great sites with SI support and tutorials, not to mention Avid's own site. I even signed up for a subscription to Highend Magazine. I also ordered the XSI 3.0 Tutorial book in the hopes there something new to learn about (fingers crossed that it's not the same tut's that shipped with the app).

Does anyone know where I can get more literature or know of books about to be published on the horizon? I'm a huge book collector and prefer the tangible, always ready to reference convenience of books as opposed to on-line material or pdf type stuff on CDs. The manuals and tut's that ship with SI only go so far...

Thanks for reading and possibly responding.

Listen: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

04 April 2003
I don't know which books you know already.
those are available so far:
http://www.xsibase.com/commercial/books.php

more xsi resources:
www.edharriss.com
www.xsibase.com
www.xsifiles.com

04 April 2003
Thanks, raffael3d. I already new about those links you provided. The only book I have is the "fx" one and a couple of older ones for SI|3D.

I heard of those "Illuminated" books but wasn't sure about ordering them. I didn't know if these were detailed books or just touched the surface of SI. I'll look into those further.

Cheers!

Listen: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds

04 April 2003
illuminated: fundamentals is basic. but illuminated: character is really good. so mabye you should have a look at the second one.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread