Thumbnail material library

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2007   #1
Thumbnail material library

1. Does Blender have(or will in the "near" future) something like a box of material thumbnails for easy asigning to objects etc?

Something like this if you don't understand what I'm talking about:
http://blog.donews.com/images/blog_...uyc/c4d-r10.jpg
Notice the left bottom corner

[e] I noticed I get small thumbnails in the material properties window, when I choose a existing material from the list, but the question still stands...

2. Is there any chance (without altering the Blender source and recompiling) I might get shortcuts like C4D and Maya for the 3 objects controlling widgets(Move, Rotate, Scale)? I have to press CTRL + ALT + G to get the move widget, I would like to press a single key.
For example in C4D I have E, R and T (Move, Rotate, Scale). I noticed that Blender doesn't have theese keys asigned to anything so I guess it might be possible...

Thanks in advance

Last edited by seth0x2b : 11 November 2007 at 11:20 AM.

Old 11 November 2007   #2
no way without altering the source a little and recompileing, but try to push ctrl+space and it will give you a menu where you can enable/disable the transform widget & also choose if you want either translate(move) rotate or scale, also if you use the icon in the header for selecting the 'widget mode' then by shift-selecting you can select multiple of the modes, like even have all: move, rotate & scale on it at the same time..!

Last edited by fktt : 11 November 2007 at 12:22 PM.

Old 11 November 2007   #3
transformation keys
G-Translate
R-Rotate
S-Scale

While using any of these you can constraint the action to axis by pressing they keys XYZ for each axis

If the action needs to occur over 2 axis at the same time but not at the other one press Shift+axis you want the action not to happen at.

Thats it for key shortcuts, hope this helped.

Old 11 November 2007   #4
There's also mouse gestures for move, scale, rotate, which bypasses the need for the keyboard with any of these commands.

Old 11 November 2007   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread