CGTalk > More Forums > Click Here for: > CG Film-Making > Cinematography, Editing and Directing
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »  

Old 11-13-2007, 06:04 AM   #1
Spugh
Drewe Clarke
Melbourne, Australia

Final University Project

I'm not sure if this is the best place for it, as it's a bit of an odd project.
But i'd love some feedback on my final piece for uni. The sound needed more work, but it's not my expertise...

www.tomymindstory.com

I'd love some constructive crit if anyone has time.

Cheers,

Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
thoughtcriminal
Frequenter

portfolio
David Gidali
Director
Outpost|VFX
Hollywood, United States

Send a message via ICQ to thoughtcriminal Send a message via AIM to thoughtcriminal Send a message via MSN to thoughtcriminal
Cool man!

I'd like the atmosphere through the whole piece and the way it's made interactive and comic-style!

The graphics was great, the sound worked very well, it loaded fast and the UI was easy and fun to handle.

Story wise, I felt like I didn't understand it fully... I guess the story line was a bit vague, and the fact that gets uncovered near the end didn't connect to anything in particular and didn't make anything clearer except if you think about it as some sort of deus ex machina that explains why everything is unclear. -In which case I find it very unfulfilling as an awaiting audience.

I also think there was a problem with the main character. Casting wise, he doesn't look like what he's supposed to represent (I don't want to spoil for others). He's not too believable in his acting either.

Finally - the script is very rough, like what you'd expect in a comic book, only in your piece, played by real humens it sounds a bit like the "starwars" scripts - on the nose speaking = the character says exactly what it thinks, and the subtext is shouting "I'm here! listen to me!"

I just have to quote a line from "Attack of the clones":
The elevator stoppes with Anacin and obi wan trapped inside, they are looking around them in anxiety...
-Obi wan: "The elevator stopped! Did you press the stop button?"
-Anacin: "No, did you?"
-Obi wan: "No!"

Well, as I said I really liked it, the way it's done and the atmosphere.
Good job!

Old 11-16-2007, 11:31 AM   #3
CGTalk Moderation
Lord of the posts
CGTalk Forum Leader

Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread