Odd Quicktime Glitch (Graphics card related?)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 11 November 2007   #1
Cool Odd Quicktime Glitch (Graphics card related?)

Has anyone with two monitor setup had playback issues with streaming quicktimes corrupting and only showing one pixel line out of every 30? Almost the same as a codec playback issue.

I have an NVidia Quadro 4000 card and it seems that if I push my resolution across two monitors up to 3840x1200 quicktimes streaming from sites like www.digital-tutors.com go on the fritz... if I drop the resolution even by one notch or split the screens in to dual screen setup instead of spanning the windows desktop (so having two 1920x1200 screens instead of one 3840x1200) then Quicktime plays just fine but of course I can't then maximise Maya across two screens...

If I save off a quicktime and run it stand alone outside of a web streamed environment then the movie plays perfectly on the horizontal spanned desktop its only when its in a browser (either IE7 or Firefox) that it goes bananas.

For the record my old pc (a HP xw8000 workstation) had a Nvidia 6800 Ultra and ran the same desktop setup of one horizontally spanned desktop at 3840x1200 and I never experienced this issue...

So has anyone seen anything like this or heard about anything like this? Because I just got my new dual quad core beasty workstation and its the only thing cocking me up at the moment.

Any help greatly appreciated...

Old 11 November 2007   #2
Incase anyone is interested the issue seems to be with Nvidia Quadro cards when combined with quad core processors.... swapping the card for a gamer card sorted the issue and also trying the quadro card itself in a lower specced xeon processor machine also sorted the issue...

Bizarre to say the least... but at least I know how to sort it...

Old 11 November 2007   #3
Perhaps you could go through the drivers and see if any recent changes fix this issue. Might also be worth it to report the bug to Nvidia... It may get addressed one day (far from now :P)
Reel

Old 11 November 2007   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread