walk cycle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2007   #1
walk cycle

Hey all

Just wanted to get some feedback on this walk cycle. I'm feeling like it still needs a bit more offseting but I'm also sure there's more that I'm not seeing.

walk cycle

http://www.jorivers.com/walk.html

Old 10 October 2007   #2
Talking

Nice zombie? walk you have going there! It's really fun and I like what you have so far. There are a couple of things I would change though. The weight you are creating going up from the torsoe up is looking nice, but to emphasize it a bit more, dont' have him come back up so quickly. Right now it feels like he is coming up and sticking a bit...instead, have him slowly come back up, then go quickly down to make him stomp. You might even drag the head a bit coming up to really feel the wieght.

Secondly, there seem to be harsh pops in the knees. I think you are probably trying to show force in the step, but I think you could tone it down just a bit and still get the same effect.

Last, focusing on the front view. Pay attention to the path of the head. Right now it is making an X pattern. It would be better if you could make that into a figure 8 pattern...because generally..when you are walking your head makes a small figure 8...but since your walk is exaggerated, it will be nice to exaggerate that too!!

Old 10 October 2007   #3
Hey kent,

thanks for the awesome feedback. Great advice. Really appreciate the fresh eyes and sound and useful tips.

Old 10 October 2007   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread