Help, please help, Im having trouble with my image

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 10 October 2007   #1
Help, please help, Im having trouble with my image

I am having a little issue here.

I use 3ds max 9 and I already rendered 200 frames of my animation. I'm all done and ready to put it into after effects to do some last minute corrections.

The problem is that I never noticed that my background in all my frames are BLACK. As you can see in the picture I have lighting, texturing, modeling etc, but my sky background is BLACK. i used MR physical sky for my background.

I rendered ALL 200 frames with no MR physical sky background(I have no idea why it didn't show on all 200 frames) I don't want to re-render all 200 frames because it took me about 5 days to render. I'm in a little bit of a crunch. I attached 2 pics. One of the pics shows what I'm talking about with no background. And the other shows what it SHOULD look like. With the blue sky background.

the thing is that when I open all 200 frames in after effects, the images show NO SKY BACKGROUND. But when I open 1 of the 200 frames inphotoshop I see that sky background. When I rendered in 3ds max 9 I saved it as a .tga file. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

My question is the following. How can I render the bluesky BACKGROUND ONLY so that I can stick it onto all my frames in afftereffects. Instead of going through all the tedious task of RE-RENDERING all 200 frames in 3ds max 9(which took me 5 days).
OR do I need to do something extra when opening my .tga files in after effects.
My images looks fine when I open in photoshop, but when I open the same in after effects I have no background. why? and what do I need to do to get my blue sky onto my aftereffects.

Hopefully when you see the 2 pics on here you'll know what Im talking about. My sky background is NOT an image I got off google. It's the MR physical sky background that comes with 3ds max 9. I like it so I want to keep it.

Please help.
thanks

P.S. Sorry that one of the images is small. If you need a bigger one let me know. but I think you can tell with the small one.

Old 10 October 2007   #2
Cool

please, pretty please?

Old 10 October 2007   #3
In AE rightclick your footage in the project window->Interpret Footage->ignore alpha.

Consider less whiny thread titles, rather use problem related titles and stop bumping threads, it's annyoing.

The right image is way too small btw, all the possibly usefull facts in the text on top of the left side are unreadable due to the lack of size and compression artefacts.

Old 10 October 2007   #4
ok, thaks for the tip
sooooorrrrrryyyyyy, gosh

Old 10 October 2007   #5
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread