character walk cycle

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2003
character walk cycle

hey guys I recently finished a simple walk cycle of a fairly new character. I rendered it in three parts and it seems the video is missing a frame each time the camera turns, hope its not too jarring. any comments?

http://www.puhalacg.com/panim/walk.mov

04 April 2003
nice ..you've got a normal walk there.. now go on and make another type of walk!> good job!.. nice model tho.!

04 April 2003
thnx PANZER, I'm currently animating a small scene with this character, maybe after I'll make different stlye walks, that would be interesting!

04 April 2003
Yup, really nice model, hehe......the anime overall looks good.....just as wat PANZER say:- hmm....try other coz u done very well at normal walk liao....

04 April 2003
that's a pretty bitchin cycle you've got going there, tubby. No flaws that I picked up on - just thought it would be cool to have his head travel in a small circle (in the side view), instead of straight back and forward. Also... I think this character is just screaming to walk with his hands :airguitar just a thought.

04 April 2003
thanks lmc and elastic hey that's a great idea, like a creepy creature crawl/walk. once i'm done with the current scene I'll try and animate him more as a creature rather than humanoid, it would be interesting to try and act out both. I think i understand what you mean about the head, to make it look like its rolling more in a circular motion instead of the forward and back motion, I'll give it a try.

04 April 2003
Nice model!
But I think the body was short of undulate.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread