Head

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 04 April 2002   #1
Head

Thx to comment,
++ all
Ryu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prev_2nd_04_web.jpg (12.3 KB, 445 views)

Old 04 April 2002   #2
Looks pretty good (though I'd call it a "face" rather than a "head" ). The general shape looks fair enough, though it's hard to judge proportions when the rest of the head is missing.

Some things that stand out:

Not enough detail on the eyes (no eyelids) and mouth (all a bit vague).

There are sharp corners on the rim of each nostril which look unnatural.

Old 04 April 2002   #3
General shape is cool lookin',I agree with Iain, but to go a little further on the eyes, there's a corner on the inside & the outside is very smooth, it would need to be a little more edgy .But keep modelling and post it with ears and a whole head structure, cause like Iain said, it's quite hard to appreciate as long as U don't have the whole volume..........Good luck for the rest

Old 04 April 2002   #4
Here i advanced the head, so any comments ?? )
Thx already to ian and bombyx
bye all,
Ryu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg prev_2nd_08_web.jpg (14.4 KB, 374 views)

Old 04 April 2002   #5
HE ALL !!!!!!!!
WAKE UP!!!
THERE'S THE FIRE IN THE HOUSE !!
no seriously, plz comment...
Ryu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg profil_face_web.jpg (24.5 KB, 330 views)

Old 04 April 2002   #6
Hey Ryu
Now we can see better, and I still think the outer corner of the eyses could be a little more edgy .Another thing is that I think the upper part of the ear should be bigger than the lower part, but beside that, U got yourself a quite great head, and I think U can begin texturing it.................
Waiting for the next post

Old 04 April 2002   #7
Here is another render of the head,
but this is also one of the last.
I'll try to model gally, the gunnm's hero )
By the way, if anyone got some good gally's pictures,
you know where i am )
Bye...
Ryu.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg profil_face_dof_web.jpg (24.6 KB, 287 views)

Old 04 April 2002   #8
The lips look like they are sticking out a little far, and the crease on the upper lip is a little intense, especially on the sides nearing the corners of the mouth.

Old 04 April 2002   #9
Face

The lighting on the first shot is nice. However, the model looks similar to my first attempt. Make sure you think about the shape of the underlying skull. When I first start to model a head I rough out a skull and build off of it. Worry about the features last. Make sure you are wrapping the lips around the barrel of the mouth also called the Maxilla.

Very nice overall there is good potential. I found drawing the head out of anatomy books over and over again to be the best training tool for modeling a head.

Old 04 April 2002   #10
If you post a screen capture with the geometry we could help you out even more. The wireframe is very important if you want to animate this head. ( im asuming you will want to animate it someday)

The lips look strange. it appears you are not following the concentric muscles that create the mouth. A good mouth is hard to get so dont worry and just keep tweaking.

cheers

Fxjeane

Old 01 January 2006   #11
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread