Logo: Shadowdale

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

04 April 2003
Logo: Shadowdale

Hi guys, it's me again with the logo.... this time I need some serious crits coz I decided to make this one on my own since nobodys willing to help .... What do you think? Work still in progress... Cheers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emblemat work2 [teksture work] kopia.jpg (19.3 KB, 130 views)
"The concept of love exists in the hearts of some drow, of course, but true love, a selfless desire often requiring personal sacrifice, has no place in a world of such bitter and dangerous rivalries. "
- Drizzt Do'Urden

My Anti-Grav Tank WIP

My Full Moon WIP

My Spider WIP

04 April 2003
hey guys, still haven'r got a clue if you like it or do you think it's crapy Could you help me?
"The concept of love exists in the hearts of some drow, of course, but true love, a selfless desire often requiring personal sacrifice, has no place in a world of such bitter and dangerous rivalries. "
- Drizzt Do'Urden

My Anti-Grav Tank WIP

My Full Moon WIP

My Spider WIP

04 April 2003
it seems a little dark and plain to me. The darkness is the worst part IMO

04 April 2003
The entire point for a logo is marketability. If the logo does market a product, concept, or organization it is pointless. So, you need to ultimately consider the marketable aspects of your image before it suits any function. A logo is much more recognizable as a simple flat polygon type shape rather than text. Simple shapes are easy for our simple minds to instantly store and recognize without any complex thought processes, but text......

A logo is best created as a 2 color vector based image. By two colors i mean a foreground color and a background color (this includes transparency as a background color). As a vector image the logo is extremely versatile so that it may be infinately upsized without any quality loss for large scale printing. A simple two color logo ensures that it will be simple to print at good quality on one color text documents.

I strongly, STRONGLY, suggest you do not initially create the logo as a raster image. If you create it as a vector image you can always rasterize it later for additional complex display modification.

01 January 2006
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread