ADAPT 2007 :: who is going?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #1
ADAPT 2007 :: who is going?

Hey there,

Who is going to be there at ADAPT this year? The spread of speakers, parties and general buzz seems quite a step up from last year. I'm landing in at the end of this week. Hope to meet up with lots of CGTalkers.

Old 09 September 2007   #2
I'm getting there monday afternoon and heading straight to the keynote by phil tippet that night

the lineup looks really good for the week...and this is my first ever CG event that I'll be attending..really looking forward to the conferences and also to meeting some of you people from the forums

i'm spending this week getting my portfolio updated as well as updating my reel!

Old 09 September 2007   #3
I'll be there too

Old 09 September 2007   #4
I'm still waiting for confirmation. I hope i go!!

Old 09 September 2007   #5
I don't exactly know anyone from CGTalk and I am just starting to study in this "domain" but I'll be there. Being a student and resident of Montreal, my teachers suggested I invest some money into //Adapt!

See you all there, sounds exciting.

Old 09 September 2007   #6
What is ADAPT?

How does it differ from Siggraph? What happens there, and who is it for? What does it focus on? What is it's mission?
Thanks for you help in advance

Old 09 September 2007   #7
info here...
www.adaptmontreal.com

Old 09 September 2007   #8
I'll be there.

Old 09 September 2007   #9
Just like Siggraph.

So it is just like Siggraph. I can't afford 2 of these things a year, particularly this close together. how would I be able to feed my African Dwarf Water frog.

Old 09 September 2007   #10
I guess I've been out of the loop a bit. I didn't know this was going on till I saw your post. It looks pretty good and being in Canada makes it easier for me to convince work I need to go

Can you let me know what you guy thought of the conference and if you'd recommend it over Siggraph (i.e. for quality of lectures/job fair/general content). The last Siggraph I was able to attend was in 2001. Or if they have different qualities that would make them both worth while. I was aiming to have a new portfolio for Siggraph next year (and now for ADAPT)

Can't wait to hear info from all of you who are attending!

Cheers,

Brooke

Old 09 September 2007   #11
//ADAPT is almost here

What's up everyone.

We're gearing up for a great week.

about:
//Adapt is classes about the art of film and videogames, talks, and extra activities like the Theater, Art Expo and this year's Halo 3 Canadian Launch party... since everyone in the industry loves the parties.

Take the best guys in the world, and watch them teach you how they do it. Add on Phil Tippett as a Keynote. In a sense, it's the only Conference of its kind

See you all there! It's gonna be SICK!

Emilio Ghorayeb
CEO | //ADAPT Conference

Old 09 September 2007   #12
I am definitely there!

PS: Does anyone know why Iain McCaig has disappeared from the schedule? It`s just TBA there ...

Old 09 September 2007   #13
Im just getting started in 3d but I will definetly be there. Living and studying in Montreal it would be dumb not to go, really looking foward to it, the list of speakers presenting is pretty impressive. Hope to learn a lot from this experience.

Last edited by SimonTG : 09 September 2007 at 03:42 PM.

Old 09 September 2007   #14
Iain McCaig

Unfortunately, Iain had to opt out because of his production schedule.
He is really sorry, and we decided together to bring David Krentz, one of his partners @ Ninth Ray.

David is thrilled to come up, and his credits are also impressive.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1297343/

Emilio Ghorayeb
CEO | //ADAPT Conference

Old 09 September 2007   #15
Sounds good!

Thanks for info, Emilio

Thread Closed share thread