Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 09-13-2007, 02:05 PM   #1
geekatplay
Frequenter
portfolio
Vladimir Chopine
South Jordan, USA

Lightbulb New Free Vue video tutorials

We just updated our site, hmm total make over.
And posted lot new Vue video tutorials.
Please, check out and let us what you think.
Your help appritiated a lot.
We have free Vue models and other stuff for you there also.
New tutorials and freebee will comme out weekly.
Thank you again!

http://www.geekatplay.com/tutorials.htm

Old 09-14-2007, 12:18 AM   #2
craftycurate
Veteran
portfolio
Richard Lyall
St Helens, United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekatplay
We just updated our site, hmm total make over.
And posted lot new Vue video tutorials.
Please, check out and let us what you think.
Your help appritiated a lot.
We have free Vue models and other stuff for you there also.
New tutorials and freebee will comme out weekly.
Thank you again!

http://www.geekatplay.com/tutorials.htm

Excellent thanks. Enjoyed the fluorescent lighting one.

Old 09-14-2007, 09:26 PM   #3
calilifestyle
Renown Voice of Reason

portfolio
none
USA

this are great i noticed, that your tuts sau vue 5 and 6 but on ecothing you use ecopaint isnt that only in vue 6. if so can you have some info for those with vue 5 (yeah havet upgraded yet im waitng).

Old 09-15-2007, 03:43 PM   #4
geekatplay
Frequenter
portfolio
Vladimir Chopine
South Jordan, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by calilifestyle
this are great i noticed, that your tuts sau vue 5 and 6 but on ecothing you use ecopaint isnt that only in vue 6. if so can you have some info for those with vue 5 (yeah havet upgraded yet im waitng).

Thank you for pointing this.
I try to mark what versions it use depend on tutorial, in some cases if it not so depndet on specific that future, but I am very posible missed it :(
Please let me know what tutorials is not correct.
Thank you again.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:45 PM   #5
Kerem
Cloverfield Survivor

portfolio
Kerem Gogus
3D Modeler
Freelance
Istanbul, Turkey

Send a message via MSN to Kerem
Wonderful tutorials. Thank you so much...

Old 09-16-2007, 10:24 PM   #6
mwalter1
Frequenter

Thanks for the new tutorial - very good - it gave me lots of ideas.

Peggy

Old 09-23-2007, 05:13 PM   #7
geekatplay
Frequenter
portfolio
Vladimir Chopine
South Jordan, USA

This week new tutorial and free model is up.
Thank you.

Old 09-30-2007, 11:16 PM   #8
geekatplay
Frequenter
portfolio
Vladimir Chopine
South Jordan, USA

New tutorial, 3D stamps is up, also new free model and RoboWorld pack with lots robots and Building construction kit, materials ... etc.
If you got Mega pack before, check your email for special.

Old 10-08-2007, 02:12 AM   #9
geekatplay
Frequenter
portfolio
Vladimir Chopine
South Jordan, USA

Two new tutorials out, and free model of the week.
www.geekatplay.com/tutorials.htm
or
www.vuetutorials.com

Also I am adding page withlinks to vue community tutorials and resources, if you have one you like, please, send me information.
And if you have tutorials you want to show, we will provide for you space to host.
Thank you.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:32 PM   #10
Abraham
Everlasting noob

Abraham
Lyon, France

Very nice work Thank you very much for your generosity

J-L

Point San Luis Obispo
"Somewhere in Holland environnement"

Old 10-08-2007, 11:27 PM   #11
Malcolm7
Frequenter
MALCOLM7
TRENTON, USA

Talking

With all due respect to geekatplay ! you guys are "$%@#-ing" Awsome

I really like the tutorials,But if you guys would ever put out a complete dvd (Downloadable) training course ..I got my money ready !

Not a training dvd about how to use the tools in vue (AsileFX already has that) but what he doesn't have is actual training that you can use right in your video/film production. Come on, let's face it, everyone who bought Vue want to create the ILM/E-on sotware demo reel type stuff. Again i said types of stuff (I know that it take alot of talent and work)

And sofar no one has an indepth video on how to create reaslistic big/massive "looking" matte paiting like terrain or landscapes (snow ect..) not real matte paiting guys relax I just mean to invoke the feel and awe of those digital paintings, like we saw in e-on's illusive to create demo reel :-) and also a moon looking terrain ect...

And last is there any other option to purchase items from geekatplay other then the google payment method ? I already have a paypal account and I don't know google's reputation as far as credit and bank account info. I really wanted to get your Megapack but I don't want to use Google ..thanks.

p.s: this is the types of feel and inspiration that I want to try to achieve in Vue (again guys I don't mean an exact replica) but just the mood and feel hope you get my point.

On the last image below, how can you get rocks or a sphere to look like that ?

All images taken from here :http://www.mattepainting.org/index....p16_sectionid=2

Old 10-09-2007, 12:36 AM   #12
geekatplay
Frequenter
portfolio
Vladimir Chopine
South Jordan, USA

Thank you!
Those images are awesome.
There are a couple of problems, iwhich is why we always need help.

The tutorials are done by me in my free time and need to be translated from my broken english to something more understandable. My writer wife who is doing the transcribing had _0_ knowlege of Vue at the beginning, so I basically started with simple things so I didn't have to sit by and help her (She is even editing this one, because sometimes I like to be clearer.) Now she wants to kick me off my computer and do something herself with Vue.

I recently finished some terrain creations for a video game, (no more info under NDA.) But as soon they let me I will post the stuff from there. We used a massive terrain with high details and a very realistic look. We hope we can make some tutorials based on that.

I'm working on a more complicated tutorial next week. It was about an hour long on materials layers, echosystem, etc. But I needed to cut it short due to time restrictions.

Good work takes time. Just to create one terrain set for the game took me 3 weeks full time for a perfect realistic look (in HD resolution).

To keep cost down we've been using google for no subcharge, but paypal will be available soon.

Many people have asked for a DVD of these. We will have one out after 30th tutorial, for cost of making and shipping. All of the models, packs, etc will be on it as well. And this will be downloadable.

My goal in creating these tutorials is not to compete with any one, or for glory and fame (but i don't mind last one ) I think Vue is a powerful application and I want to bring people who enjoy creating with it togeter.

If you have a tutorial and need a place to host, I will be happy to put it on.
Or if you have an idea for tutorial and want us to create it, with full credit to you for your idea.

Agian, those are excellent images for reference, so lets make some use of them. Thanks for the idea!

Old 10-09-2007, 12:40 AM   #13
Malcolm7
Frequenter
MALCOLM7
TRENTON, USA

HAHAHHA....Wow that so funny ..I'm on your site right now looking at the island foam tutorial !! I like real practical training. I own AsileFx Training also ..like 3 of them I learned alot from his stuff.But man I love the practical stuff that you guys create ...so no thank you !

Old 10-09-2007, 01:12 AM   #14
Malcolm7
Frequenter
MALCOLM7
TRENTON, USA

Wel your wife english is 100% good.Keep in mind that alot of people on the net and this forum are from all walks of life with our own accent so don't let that bother you !

As for taking weeks to do a Terrain Wow !! but you know what if you make a kick ass training DVD even on this one terrain,I'll buy it !!

I love vue6 since it turned grey/black you are correct it is a great program.. but I have to be honest, : Camera positions/scale/size of objects.. really kicked my but. When I wanted to create a mountain with clouds around it I would scale up , but then my sky got all messed up.
It's from your tutorial that I learned about the square on the grid being 10m by 10m ..before that I would just add to the grid in big chunks then my scale/size/perspective would be messed up ?

p.s:get Paypal quick :-)

We want the complicated stuff .. so add them to your site in parts or series or charge for it if it's an hour long .. I'll use goole checkout if you do

People are tursty for real Vue training,not that computer look stuff that we see in some vue gallerys..that's not what we expect out of Vue.
Textures or Materials creation training, if you can, make them. That's a crucial step in making any scene look real !!

But any way take your time but don't take too long .we all want to create the "types" of environment we saw in e-on's demo. We need people like you to put those training out as if we where getting it from a student teacher settings...I can't wait for the complex stuff, don't cut anything out please, it's that serious for this Vue forum, that'll give it life

But anyway Keep those training comming.

p.s: how do we create fractured/deformed/chipped looking rocks.. just a tought.

I said enough thanks.

Last edited by Malcolm7 : 10-09-2007 at 01:19 AM.

Old 10-09-2007, 11:17 PM   #15
Malcolm7
Frequenter
MALCOLM7
TRENTON, USA

And here's a great digital matte painter, Alp Altiner and what he's done with Vue and Terragen (WIP) really:
http://www.alpaltiner.com/gallery.php?gallery_id=262

And also the brains behind the illusive Vue 6 demo reel "look" Philippe Bouyers (I never saw this before)
http://www.belino.net/

Lots of video test on the right colum.

Last edited by Malcolm7 : 10-10-2007 at 12:18 AM.

Thread Closed share thread