transfert data (camera path or null position)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #1
transfert data (camera path or null position)

I need to find a plugin, which can transfert data : layout to modeler.
i would like to use camera path and Position of null object in modeler.

May be it can be done with no plugin, only the original tools in LW. i don't know ??

Thanks ahead for advices.

David.

Old 09 September 2007   #2
Hmm... there should be a tool around somewhere (3rd party probably) that can convert a motionpath to a spline-object. I'll have to check back here later when I know more.

When it comes to an object position in Layout (i.e a Null) you can simply copy the x,y,z coordinates and paste them on a point in Modeler. Hit the '+' key to create a single point. With the point selected press 'i' to bring up Point Info Tool. In the bottom of the interface there is a x, y and z input.

Old 09 September 2007   #3
Thanks, Cageman, it's great you show me that way.

But there's one thing i should have let you know before, i need to move to modeler more than 200 points. it may take a while too longer, i need a shortest way.

Thanks,

David.

Old 09 September 2007   #4
Originally Posted by DaVee: Thanks, Cageman, it's great you show me that way.

But there's one thing i should have let you know before, i need to move to modeler more than 200 points. it may take a while too longer, i need a shortest way.

Thanks,

David.

Ahh.. I see... I actually have a workflow for that as well... just hold on and I'll show you a video. I'll get back to this thread in a moment..

Old 09 September 2007   #5
Originally Posted by DaVee: Thanks, Cageman, it's great you show me that way.

Thanks,

David.

there's a modeler plugin at dstorm called load objects from scene, try that.

Old 09 September 2007   #6
Originally Posted by 3dee: there's a modeler plugin at dstorm called load objects from scene, try that.

That is part of the trick. The problem is that nulls aren't treated as objects.

Here is the solution: http://hangar18.campus.luth.se/~cageman/lightwave/Nulls2Points.avi

I show the simple "one-null way" and the way to do it with many nulls.

Tools used:

Load Objects From Scene
Replace all with Object

Old 09 September 2007   #7
Thanks Cageman and 3dee, dstorm is a very usefull plugin thanks. I think the most usefull for the work i want to do is Null2Object.

"Replaceallobject" is a nice one too, i thank you for links and video tutorial. Really well done.

Thanks

David.

Old 09 September 2007   #8
Hi and thanks for the kind words!

I pointed a friend of mine to my video and he pointed me to this thread: (last post)

http://www.newtek.com/forums/showth...ighlight=script

He wrote that script 2005 and I didn't know about it.

Old 09 September 2007   #9
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread