Particle cloud glowy

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 09 September 2007   #1
Particle cloud glowy

I used particle cloud for my smoke, and it turned out looking like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9RtYYaH_ag
I donít know why the smoke is glowing, I made sure that the cloud colorís glow is set to 0. How can I make the smoke stop glowing?

Old 09 September 2007   #2
read to fast sorry

Last edited by Vectorhead : 09 September 2007 at 02:51 PM. Reason: miss read

Old 09 September 2007   #3
Short answer: you need to spend a *lot* of time adjusting all of the Particle Cloud attributes.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's reality.

Old 09 September 2007   #4
u should adjust ur shading...

Old 09 September 2007   #5
Originally Posted by DrYo: Short answer: you need to spend a *lot* of time adjusting all of the Particle Cloud attributes.

I know that's not what you want to hear, but it's reality.

i guess you don't know how to make a particle cloud not glowy.

Old 09 September 2007   #6
Originally Posted by rainingkeon: u should adjust ur shading...
'

can you be more specific?
I adjusted the attributes of the cloud's lambert, didn't work.

Old 09 September 2007   #7
You shouldn't be using a Lambert shader at all, you should be using the Particle Cloud shader. Then you need to play with all of *those* attributes, especially transparency, density, diffuse coefficient....

Old 09 September 2007   #8
Originally Posted by DrYo: You shouldn't be using a Lambert shader at all, you should be using the Particle Cloud shader. Then you need to play with all of *those* attributes, especially transparency, density, diffuse coefficient....

I selected the particle cloud and saw lambert1 tab. I played with the attributes in the lambert tab, particle cloud tab, mostly all of the tabs that has those transparency, density, .etc etc. attributes

Old 09 September 2007   #9
assign a particle cloud shader to the particles - there's one in the hypergraph already by default - it's the cloudy blue one.

You can get some great volumetric smoke with the cloud shader if you turn surface shading on

Old 09 September 2007   #10
Originally Posted by thomwickes: assign a particle cloud shader to the particles - there's one in the hypergraph already by default - it's the cloudy blue one.

You can get some great volumetric smoke with the cloud shader if you turn surface shading on

I added a particle cloud shader and changed the attributes. Still not working.maya's odd.

Old 09 September 2007   #11
Yes, Maya is odd. It's not designed to be easy, it's designed to be powerful. This makes it difficult to learn.

As I said, you must spend a LOT of time playing with those attributes in order to get a feel for how they work. Reading the manual helps a little.

Old 09 September 2007   #12
does the same effect appear in both the maya software renderer and mental ray?

Old 09 September 2007   #13
Originally Posted by thomwickes: does the same effect appear in both the maya software renderer and mental ray?

yep.
maybe in 5 years, maya would be easier. Just adjust one attribute and bam!..
everything's fine.

Old 09 September 2007   #14
I would take a look at your incandescence, lighting, and maybe even your noise anim rate. Also check to make sure that auto exposure is turned off in your render globals. Hope this helps.

James

Old 09 September 2007   #15
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread