still: thermal primative render

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #1
still: thermal primative render

So what do you think.
and i am sorry it is so big

Old 03 March 2003   #2
it's a nice red X, but i think you should work on the textures a bit.

EDIT: it shows up now, but i don't see the point. it's a couple of primitive shapes that are seen through "thermal" vision. my question: how come there are spots of heat on these objects? it seems random. i don't want to seem like an asshole, but why did you post this? it's just a couple of primitives with a wacky shader.

will geddes
graphic design | advertising
portfolio

Old 03 March 2003   #3
I dont know why I posted this.
well i just wanted to post some of my renders to get someones opinion who knows what they are looking at.
my family has seen them and my graphics art teacher, but theey always say good job or great. but I prefer the truth.

and with the shader. it isnt even a shader. it is just a photon diagostic with Mray. i just tried it out and thought that it had a thermal look to it.

Old 03 March 2003   #4
i know it can be hard when friends or family don't say anything except "it's great" or "so cool!". i saw your other thread (15 months and still a newb" or something like that)... i say that, at least for now, STOP playing with mental ray and learn to model. you'll be stuck rendering cones and spheres and cubes until the day you die unless you sit down and learn something.

will geddes
graphic design | advertising
portfolio

Old 03 March 2003   #5
that is funny that you say that.
I just about 2 weeks ago I thought just that and droped rendering almost altogether and started to work on modeling tutorials.
I never even got close to finishing the first one but now I am working on that joan of arc tutorial in maya. but that first one inspired my to try do some more modeling.
I have been just working on the joan of arc tut for 2 days and I have modeled her all the way up to her neck and is looking pretty good.

but today I just wanted to try another render. but it has some modeling in it. it has that microscopic look to it. with a whole bunch of spikey balls in it and some other thing.
can u look at that one and say watsup.
before I was afriad of modeling.(now i feel stupid)

Old 01 January 2006   #6
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

share thread