CGTalk > Sponsored Challenges and Awards > Past Challenges (Archives) > Strange Behaviour (Model Render / Animation)
Login register
Thread Closed share thread « Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Old 07-30-2007, 04:18 PM   #1
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
3d lab assistant/ CG artist
mississauga, Canada

Send a message via AIM to Wayne jermaine Send a message via MSN to Wayne jermaine Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne jermaine
Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Wayne carnegie

Wayne carnegie is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Shading (Textured and lit): Creation of the Ultimate RockStar

Old 07-30-2007, 05:02 PM   #2
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Send a message via AIM to Wayne jermaine Send a message via MSN to Wayne jermaine Send a message via Yahoo to Wayne jermaine
Smile hello gentle men and ladies..hehe

wow I just could not miss out on this challenge, this one should be good .. i am looking forward to meeting new friends and getting some good critic..I am now just working on gathering references for my concept sketches and then I will start posting stuff by thursday.. wohooo!!! yeah!!

hey my name is wayne and my favorite movie lines for this year are.. THIS IS SPARTA!! Auto bots roll out! and .. I have a contract with the child..wohoo!!

Old 08-02-2007, 11:26 PM   #3
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Singing formula Creation of the Ultimate rockstar

The singing formula
CREATION OF THE ULTIMATE ROCKSTAR

Hello all, I am currently doing a lot of concept sketches for my story and will be posting them as soon as I can .The singing formula: CREATION OF THE ULTIMATE ROCK STAR.

The story is about a wanna-be rock star named Jim, who takes a mysterious singing pill, called the singing formula. He forgets to read the side effects which cause him to sing and dance strangely, Jim tries to stop the involuntary actions of his body, but no luck.

His voice and body goes through numerous strange changes such as Opera, Pop, Reggae and busting a move, except for rock which was the main reason he took the pill. Jim dances until he blacks out. When he woke he was happy. He thought it was a dream, but to his surprise, Jim saw the bottle of pills which he had taken and realized that it had been real. He picked up the bottle and read the side affects, which were all that he had just experienced. Jim laughed and laughed then all of a sudden got really sad as if to cry which he did but his voice sounded like a baby crying, he gasped!, and quickly covered his mouth. Fade to black

The End

Old 08-02-2007, 11:31 PM   #4
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Smile i need feed back.. weah!! weah!!

i need feed back.. weah!! weah!!

Old 08-03-2007, 02:48 PM   #5
overcontrast
gone nuts for good!

portfolio
Zubuyer Kaolin
Dhaka, Bangladesh

nice drawings man... can tell ur full of energy....keep it up man and have a lotta fun... i like ur idea....

Old 08-03-2007, 03:39 PM   #6
slangford
i dont like the sun.....

portfolio
Sean Langford
Senior Artist
GreenGrass Studios
Dallas, USA

Thats a great idea! It should be a awesome animation!
Your concept sketch are a fantastic start... but I think you could push it even farther. Look for references like The Misfits, Keith Richards, Slash, Ziggy Stardust, Johnny Rotten... those guys were about as rock as you could get and were some of the craziest characters in the genre. Keep it up... I would love to see how far you can take this!!

_slangford

Old 08-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Smile sweeeeeeet deal!!

thanks dude, I got all those reference that you recommended

I'll be posting more stuff soon

Old 08-03-2007, 04:26 PM   #8
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Thumbs up Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Singing formula Creation of the Ultimate rock

I took the suggestion from Zubuyer Kaolin and searched for some more references , I am currently doing my final character sketches

Last edited by Wayne jermaine : 08-03-2007 at 06:08 PM.

Old 08-04-2007, 01:52 PM   #9
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: the singing pill< CREATION OF THE ULTIMATE ROCK STAR

here is a further look of my main character, next I'll post some thumbnails for the set and also some props

I still haven't got any feed back..:(

Old 08-04-2007, 06:30 PM   #10
melkao
鑫顺鸿

portfolio
Carlos Eduardo Montoya Cortes
animation designer
Mentez
Medellin, Colombia

Cool Oh!

hey thats a nightmare for a rocker...thats my nightmare!.....ajajaja...really cool concepts.

he will dance like backstreet boy an sing like celine dion?...ooo no...poor of him...in my country the worst music is the reaggeton...thats ugly..the nightmare of all the rockers....

the drawings looks cool...i will wait for 3d skeches!

Old 08-05-2007, 12:13 AM   #11
Jhonus
krugar muff

portfolio
Jamie C
Game Artist
New Zealand

Send a message via MSN to Jhonus
hey there, love your concept and art so far. the character is very strong, no worries there. I think its success will be made with the animation and voice acting.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:53 PM   #12
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Modeling: Singing formula Creation of the Ultimate rockstar

Hello everyone I am currently modeling .. so here are some stuff for you guys to see.as u can see i am testing out my texturing as well.. enjoy.. and tell my anything that you guys think might work.. heheh LETS ROCK!?

Old 08-07-2007, 10:54 PM   #13
Wayne jermaine
Frequenter

Wayne carnegie
mississauga, Canada

Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Singing formula Creation of the Ultimate rockstar

hello guys here i just tried out some texture on my rock star. these are not final. i am just testing stuff out.. also i just put in some simple joints just for pose for you guys to see. i am currently doing some more modeling stay tune for more

Old 08-07-2007, 10:58 PM   #14
Taino
Frequenter

portfolio
Taino Soba
CG Artist
USA

Talking

Lookin cool. Only suggestion I would say is if you could make his hair move with the animation. It will come more alive, even just a little jiggle as if it were made of jello.

Old 08-07-2007, 11:30 PM   #15
Sandpiper
It's for the children....

portfolio
Jesse Sandifer
Owner/Art Director
Chickwalker
Los%2BAngeles,

Looking very cool Wayne! I like the style. Keep pushing that line of action on your character. Give him some big swoops, arcs, and flows when you start animating. Also, I think your dude could use some huge hair.....and you could animate that to help the rockstar thing as well. Don't have to do fur, I'm talking about big geometry hair......just an idea!

CGNUGGETS - character process training
[/color]

Thread Closed share thread