|07 July 2007||#1|
Quezon City, Philippines
Removing a Bone from a Parenting Relationship
I need help on a particular issue. Here are the pertinent information:
1) A Proxy Mesh for a Fish Head (less the lower jaw because it is a separate mesh).
2) A simple Face Armature with 4 Bones (LeftEyebrow, RightEyebrow, Forehead, and LowerJaw).
OBJECTIVE: Parent the Fish Head mesh to the Armature so that it organically deforms, BUT the LowerJaw bone must not affect the Fish Head mesh at all.
WHAT I HAVE DONE:
1) Parent Fish Head Mesh to Face Armature in Object Mode.
2) Selected "Make Vertex Groups from Nearest Bones"
3) Selected Fish Head Mesh, entered EDIT MODE and tried deleting Vertex Group "LowerJaw"
However, when I move the LowerJaw bone the lower part of the head continues to follow it like it's stuck to it. I also tried removing all the vertices in the said vertex group but to no avail.
|07 July 2007||#2|
Join Date: Jul 2007
Hi there, not a problem...
Go to pose mode with armature, hit F9 (Editing menu), under the "Armature" tab, under
"deform options:envelopes"- turn off "envelopes". Blender by default will use a generic envelope space to deform meshes along with vertices. This can be clearly seen when clicking "envelope" instead of "octehdron" for the bones display type.
Hope this helps. Ask any questions, I'm an experienced user.
|Thread Closed share thread|