Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Damian Senior

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 07 July 2007   #1
Strange Behavior (Short Film) Entry: Damian Senior

Damian Senior is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Monster #2 Finished Modelling

Old 07 July 2007   #2
Sean Francis - Team Member has also entered "Strange Behavior (Short Film)" as part of Green Skullz Team with Damian Senior.

Old 07 July 2007   #3
Arrow Introduction:

We have just finished our second year of studying Computer Animation at the University of Teesside, Middlesborugh UK.
Damez had the idea of joining this competition for fun and for practise purposes and therefore this will be our animation project over the summer months. Preproduction work will follow shortly. Please feel free to comment.
Thanks

Old 07 July 2007   #4
Arrow Designs

I have designed some ideas of what the characters may look like, they are not yet finalized ideas but will probably look similar. We have gone for quite a cartoony style which are quite simple to model because this is our first first project where we have modelled any characters.
The paintings will be animated in 2D using Toonboom software.
I have also included a brief idea of the layout of the main gallery and more images. More designs and ideas are to follow.

Old 07 July 2007   #5
Hey folks...

Here's a WIP of john character from the screenplay, kept modelling as simple as possible like sean mentioned, we are students with only the basic's knowledge of softimage XSI. First ever attempt at a human figure for me, dont no alot about face modelling, flowing lines ect... ive added a close up of the face with wire. As far as rigged goes, same again only no the basic's havnt learnt how to setup my own controls as of yet, hopefully something to learn in the near future Any comments or feedback greatly appreciated, more WIP's to follow.

Thanks, Damez.

Rigged

Face closeup

Gallery Bench

Old 07 July 2007   #6
Gallery bench textured WIP.

Old 07 July 2007   #7
dig the comedic simplicity.
i think your version will be lots of laughs.

by the way if you want your iamges to show up at the top of the thread so others can know there is something new
use the uploader to post your WIP.
to do that...

so go to the challenge page where you went to enter.
click where it says submit entry.

or click here
http://features.cgsociety.org/chall...ubmit_entry.php

scroll down to the bottom, sign in and upload your images.
i believe jpg is the recommended format, they must be less than 150 Kb.

good luck

Old 07 July 2007   #8
Bstout - Thanks for the comments, and thanks for the useful info about the uploader, i did no there was some special challenge uploader but i didnt no where. I thought the link u gave was for final entries hehe. Thanks again, Damez.

Old 07 July 2007   #9
Thumbs up

I like the characters so much, they r so funny..
keep goin..

Old 07 July 2007   #10
Amy Model

Here are some screenshots of the character Amy who I modelled. I'm not entirely happy with it, but it has allowed me to gain alot more skill in character modelling. Next I will be designing the last few characters ready for us to model so we can start producing the storyboard.

Old 07 July 2007   #11
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Gallery Route

Seans first draft of the gallery route from the screenplay. Storyboards to follow.

Old 07 July 2007   #12
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Elephant man - WIP

Painting up one of seans character creations to get a more visual feel for the character. WIP, more to follow

Old 07 July 2007   #13
So far so good. Interesting concepts and modelling. Good luck.

Old 07 July 2007   #14
Monster 1 Model

Here is the 'Monster 1' character model from different angles including a wireframe view. I'm pretty pleased with it, it has achieved the look I was aiming for in the original character sheet.

Old 07 July 2007   #15
Rough Storyboards or 3D pre-visualization: Elephant man - WIP updated

WIP updated

Thread Closed share thread