Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Jesus Bibian

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2007   #1
Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Jesus Bibian

Jesus Bibian is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Modeling: Melon - Modeling Start

Old 06 June 2007   #2
hey dude !
glad to see you back in the challenges !
good luck !
and see you around

Old 06 June 2007   #3
Thanks Andre! I'm happy to be back in the action.

Now it's just a matter of getting some free time to participate.

Old 06 June 2007   #4
I think you will find time to do this, Jesus !
Welcome aboard !

Old 06 June 2007   #5
Thanks Pfeiffer! I'm sure I'll manage to find some time for this. The theme for this challenge is just too good to pass up. I already have several ideas brewing in my head.

Old 06 June 2007   #6
Hey Jesus ! i missed your entry, shame on me!
Happy to see you here, i'm eager to see what you put forward on this theme.

Good luck friend !

Old 07 July 2007   #7
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept - Unseen Visitors

A bit late in the challenge, but I think I finally have my concept.

After some considerable brainstorming, I came up with this: The setting is a little over 1 million years B.C. The place - Earth. Early man is just going about their daily business. Being not so bright results in some not-so-flattering behavior for our early ancestors. In this case, one of the cavemen has his long beard catch fire as another is attempting to start one. A relatively simple mistake considering fire is fairly new to early man.

Unbeknown to our accident-prone hominids, a highly intelligent and highly technologically advanced extraterrestrial race study our dim-witted ancestors' lives. Although highly advanced and extremely intelligent, the alien race is also very childish. As a result, laughter ensues.

Who is exhibiting the "strange behavior"? You be the judge.

Old 07 July 2007   #8
Thumbs up

funny concept.
Good luck!
T

Old 07 July 2007   #9
Originally Posted by tnads: funny concept.
Good luck!
T

Yeah, I hope so. I haven't had the chance to check out all the entries, but I'm sure the majority will have some bit of humor in them. That's partly what makes this challenge so fun.

Old 07 July 2007   #10
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept - Character Study # 1

Just a quick character study. I've added a third caveman that I plan on adding further in the background. Let's just say that he's getting close to making an important discovery.

Old 07 July 2007   #11
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Concept - Character Study - Tiny v.2

Continuing with the character study. Don't know if I like this version better or not. However, I do know that it would make for some interesting sculpting and texturing work.

Any thoughts?

Old 07 July 2007   #12
Hey Jesus,

so great to see you are in for this one!

I love the concept man.
Only thing i wanna say: i love the first character design more than the latest. The first has a mucht nicer and more original style to it. When you use this your modeing will off-course share the same feeling. I think in the last sketch you try to be more realistic in muscles that i begins to deform the uniqueness of the previous one.

For example: i like the face of the melon guy, and i would love to see this exactly the same in modeling.

This can be great man.

good luck

Old 07 July 2007   #13
We want next !

Old 07 July 2007   #14
Originally Posted by Nothingness: Hey Jesus,

so great to see you are in for this one!

I love the concept man.
Only thing i wanna say: i love the first character design more than the latest. The first has a mucht nicer and more original style to it. When you use this your modeing will off-course share the same feeling. I think in the last sketch you try to be more realistic in muscles that i begins to deform the uniqueness of the previous one.

For example: i like the face of the melon guy, and i would love to see this exactly the same in modeling.

This can be great man.

good luck

You're absolutely right, Nico! I feel the same way. That's why I'm drawing up some modeling sheets for the first character designs.

I still don't know about what type of clothing to give these goof-balls. I plan to model them in their birthday suits first and design clothing for them afterwards. I really want to make each one unique in their own way. I'll probably add a few accessories, such as necklaces, tools, etc. Already have a few ideas that I just need to add to paper.

New concept work coming soon!

Old 07 July 2007   #15
Maybe to make it funny enough, you could give the aliens an typical american old-school golf clothing and some goggles. As if the aliens in those times had stuff like we did in the '80 or so.
just a thought dough

cheers

i've been spending 3 days now learning setup and building one. Damn it's so hard!

i hope i can show off a test animation soon.

cheers

Thread Closed share thread