Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Jérémy Ageron

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 06 June 2007   #1
Strange Behavior (Animation) Entry: Jérémy Ageron

Jérémy Ageron is entered in the "Strange Behavior Challenge" update: View Challenge Page

Latest Update: Shading (Textured and lit): Shading test

Old 06 June 2007   #2
Well i won't have much time to draw something before the next week but i'm already looking for ideas.

I thought the "robot having human's behavior" concept would be used a lot, so i'm surprised still not seeing any sketch about it. Anyway, the mains ideas i had yesterday was about this subject, and the one i felt like the most interesting was a pregnant robot, or a robot with his baby.

I also thought about all theses cartoon characters acting like they hide their genitals when
they realise that someone is watching them bathing / under shower / ... , even if they
usually wear no pants ( just like Donald Duck for example ). I may find cool ideas digging this.

Everyone, feel free to comment anything i'll post here. I'm interested in anyone's opinion.

Edit : Tought about a mechanical vampire sucking blood with two big syringes instead of fangs. Well, i'll put aside robots for now and dig other ideas.

Last edited by Lun3 : 06 June 2007 at 06:24 AM.

Old 06 June 2007   #3
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: First concept

I had an idea that i found interesting, so decided to stick on it. I took the time to draw the mains lines so here it is. The sketch just represent the composition i'd like to keep, even if the point of view and lighting will probably be modified.

In this sort of cradle lies a baby, being fed by some kind of humanoid machine. I want to turn it in an emotive way, so the machine will look nearly alive, watching the baby as a mother would do, and the baby will catch the humanoid's finger ( i drew it but doubt it's really visible~ ).
The machine is curled up like it's protecting the baby, forming a spiral with its body ( right leg -> left leg -> left arm -> right arm -> baby ). I tried to use what i learned about symbolic with the directions they are staring at each other and the colors.
I thought having a cradle that little would make the scene look stranger, the machine not fitting to it.

Next i'll post some character design and/or blueprints.
I hope that all i said make sense, since i'm still not very fluent in english~.

Old 06 June 2007   #4
Wow, that stuff would freak David Cronenberg out. It's definitely strange. Good luck.

Live-Action FLASH

Old 06 June 2007   #5
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Second sketch

Second sketch detailing the machine. I'll keep adding details before drawing the final blueprint.

Old 06 June 2007   #6
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Color

Color version

Old 07 July 2007   #7
Concept Sketch or 3D pre-visualization: Storyboard

I've been busy this week, so i hadn't time to post what i was working on until now. First here is a rough sketch of the storyboard. Since i'm afraid of not finishing in time and being alone on this project, i won't waste time drawing a more readable version. So here it is.

Old 07 July 2007   #8
Modeling: Basic Body

Here is my 3D progress for now.
Textures are still not containing any bitmaps, i just made them to have an idea of overall colors.
I used a body i was modeling for topology tests, so the mesh is very strange ( especially on hands and foots ) but i managed to rig it and reformed it after having it in the right pose.
The baby is made out of the same body that i scaled to the proportions of an infant.
The cloth is one of my very firsts try in this domain, and looks very ugly at the moment...
The face of the machine is very basic and it still doesn't have any ornments, but i plan to add the details on Zbrush.
Following images are the basic body, and the overall scene.

Last edited by Lun3 : 07 July 2007 at 05:09 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #9
Modeling: Scene

Overall Scene

Old 07 July 2007   #10
Modeling: Scene

double-posted :wise:

Last edited by Lun3 : 07 July 2007 at 05:06 PM.

Old 07 July 2007   #11
Great modeling man! This idea is very strong, with this modeling it's gonna become a great piece!

Keep going!

Old 07 July 2007   #12
Thanks. Glad that you like the idea.

Old 07 July 2007   #13
Looking really good so far... The whole cyber angle will really make this piece great

toe2toe

my 3d prints

Old 07 July 2007   #14
she has a very sweet face, I like it.
but the baby's hand looks creepy.

Old 07 July 2007   #15
great pose.
fun idea.

good luck

Thread Closed share thread