Interactive Helper: Female, Ashley Benbow (3D)

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

10 October 2007
Interactive Helper: Female, Ashley Benbow (3D)

Title: Interactive Helper: Female
Name: Ashley Benbow
Software: 3ds max, Photoshop

This character was created for CodeBaby interactive information sessions. This render was taken directly from our proprietary product.

Comments and critics are most welcome.

Thank you

10 October 2007
Modeling looks good. One crit' though. Her feet look too flat. They need a little thickness to them.

10 October 2007
need more work man

10 October 2007
Originally Posted by xindgi: need more work man

That's not very constructive, now is it?

I agree with the already-mentioned flat feet, but other than that, I think you did a pretty good job with the model.

4 stars from me. Keep it up.

10 October 2007
Thank you for the comments so far.

The feet were the last thing i worked on due to time constrants. I definately would have liked to have spent more time on them

10 October 2007
I think it's good for what it is. It's clearly not intended to be a photorealistic render, as you noted the screenshot came from within the proprietary software. Clearly, you had to work within the constraints of being able to render in real-time on a wide variety of systems. (And, assuming this is a program that would be some sort of workplace product, you generally have to assume some people would be running it on very modest system requirements.) I would imagine it's about like creating content for the original Playstation.

Arrow614 mentioned the feet, which you said were the last thing you worked on. I could be wrong, but it looks to me like she was originally wearing some standard high-heels, which you've skinned to look like Chucks. Which is actually kinda cool, in my opinion, as such shoes really do exist. But, as previously mentioned, it wouldn't hurt to make them a little thicker through the toes.

Nice work.

11 November 2007
Thank you for your critique Jesterspawn, its very constructive and appreciated.

11 November 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread