rig constrain Issues

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
rig constrain Issues

What Im trying to do is: Working in Maya... Coil up a joint chain and then rotate the whole chain by the last joint (not the root).

See attache file

I want to be able to to coil up as 'Sample A'.... which I achieved with a set driven key
When I coil up I also want to be able to rotate around the center point of 'Coil_A Controller'

I've spend best part of the day constraining & parenting different options... but I still running into prolems ... double transformations...etc!

'Sample B' is close to what I trying to achieve.. iterms of rotaing around 'Coil_B'..... works fine in 0,0,0 postiont when I coil it up using select hierarcy on the joints... then try to rotate with the 'Rotation curve.... it rotates around the group node and I cant seem to get the group node to point constrain to 'coil B' or the last joint in the chain.

Is there a better way to rig this?

I still do belive its not impossible to achieve!

Can anybody help me out here???

Thanks

Wayne

06 June 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread