vue - max: lights and shadows

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

06 June 2007
vue - max: lights and shadows

hi all,

i have a problem to blend an vue enviroment with 3ds max (vue xstream plugin).

in 3ds max, i created a small city with a high detailed terrain. in vue, i created an environment with some trees. (i used a proxy of the terrain and the city to position the trees). if i combine this in max, the trees don't cast shadows on the max tarrain and buildings. Even if i use max lights. no shadows are generated on max objects.

e-on software sais: "Render everything together inside your favorite application, with full interaction between Vue and native elements, including 2-way mutual shadow casting, reflection, refraction and lighting."

Does anyone know a solution for this problem? is it the render settings or the materials?

i'm using 3ds max 9 and vue xstream 6 (built 288741)

btw: i tested the vue xstream plugin with cinema4d. it all works fine. i think it must also work with 3ds max.

thanks
mani

07 July 2007
I solved the problem. I installed the ladest service pack for vue (build 289182). Now everthing works fine.

07 July 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread