|05 May 2007||#1|
Michael J. Narlock
Cranbrook Institute of Science
Bloomfield Hills, USA
Join Date: Apr 2006
Using Vue 6 Inf, I'd like to create a lunar landscape yet I've no idea where to begin. Are there any tuts out there that might point me in the right direction?
FWIW, this scene will be render through 3dsmax so I can use the MentalRay fisheye renderer as the scene is to be used in an upcoming planetarium program.
|06 June 2007||#2|
Join Date: Aug 2004
Vue offers two types of terrains - standard and procedural. I like the procedural ones best because as you zoom closer to them, you get more detail. They also now have terrain brushes - so you can "paint" craters and stuff.
1. Create a procedural terrain.
2. Double-click terrain to edit.
3. Click the Proc. tab in the terrain editor.
4. Right-click on the Altitude Production sphere. Click Load Function.
5. Click Terrain Altitudes and choose from one of the more "alien" terrains.
6. Click OK.
7. Use the Paint and Effects tabs to further edit the terrain and add some craters.
|Thread Closed share thread|