Problems with GI and V6.01 anyone?

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

05 May 2007
Problems with GI and V6.01 anyone?

Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with global illumination with 6.01. I have just moved from 5.11 in the last week and found sometimes when i try to do GI the lights don't work properly, for example i can't adjust the photon intensity and also some of the 5.11 scenes i have loaded into 6.01 GI doesn't work at all. I also found that you need to select photon rebuild to enable GI in 6.01 which i'm sure i didn't have to do before.

Now ive found the new render manager a little bit of a handfull to say the least but i'm pretty sure ive enabled GI correctly. Ive gone back to 5.11 for the moment as i'm struggling to get a decent render quality from 6, for example my renders allways seem to look a little fuzzy around the edges compared to 5.11. Its kind of frustrating at the moment as i really want to use the new arch shaders and the physical sky stuff looks great.

cheers

Paul

05 May 2007
gaussian filter is default in 6...

not sure about your other problems

05 May 2007
thanks for that, little thinks like that really catch me out !!! Still a bit wierd with the GI seams to sometimes work and sometimes not !!

05 May 2007
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread