Probably a simple question

Become a member of the CGSociety

Connect, Share, and Learn with our Large Growing CG Art Community. It's Free!

THREAD CLOSED

Old 03 March 2003   #1
Probably a simple question

I've been watching some of 3dbuzz's VTms on this software trying to see if it's something I should get to more easily improve my animation. I haven't watched them all yet so this might be answered allready but can you animate 2 characters or more together at the same time? In other words if you were doing say a fight scene, can you animate the 2 together interacting off each other?

The only reason i ask is because everything i've seen so far only shows one character on the screen at once.

Old 03 March 2003   #2
I think it's in the very first VTM from 3DBUZZ that they show a very impressive sword fight between two characters.
Apparently it's part of the clipart - though it's not included in the clipart download off their site as far as I can tell. (I haven't found the FBX file anywhere...)

So - the answer, based on that demo scene, is yes

Old 03 March 2003   #3
Hey swampthing,

You can animate as many characters as your hardware will handle..=) The most I've seen is 16 characters all at once, in realtime. But I'm sure with the right hardware, you could go way beyond that..!

Cheers,
Product Manager
Autodesk Media & Entertainment

Old 01 January 2006   #4
Thread automatically closed

This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.

Thread Closed share thread